20060401 - Sat
[Morning]
Woke up @ 8 am. Had You Tiao w Porridge for breakfast. Went to bathe and filled up my immigration card for tonight. Notified mindef of my trip too. Mummy told me to push Granny to the Coffee Shop for lunch today. She'll be going out. Passed me RM500 as 'Emergency Money' for my trip to Penang later.
[Lunch]
Went coffeeshop to buy lunch for Granny & me. I went for MVR while Granny had Wan Ton Noodles. Granny preferred to stay @ home.
[Meeting Ling]
Took 961 to Redhill Close and met Ling. Dropped her pay cheque @ POSB Bukit Merah. She then called POSB to find out the branch of her POSB account. The CSO told her that the default branch is Bras Basah. We need to branch info as I was prompted for it when signing up for the Progress Package.
[Bukit Merah Library]
Went to Bukit Merah Library next. Couldn't find any travel books on Mauritius. Tried to borrow some VCDs & DVDs. But we found out that only Premium Members ($20+ per year) can borrow. Borrowed a magazine for Ling. Tried to look for Bridal Magazines to borrow also don't have.
[Fried Kway Teow]
Took a short walk to the hawker centre for Fried Kway Teow. Ling bought curry puff from Old Chang Kee. A stage was set up for some Bukit Merah CC night. I think the MP/Guest-of-Honour is one of the retiring MPs that was featured in the newspapers.
[Ling's Home]
Went Ling's home by 855 from there. Brought my laptop along and helped Ling & her brother to register for their Progress Package online. This time, the form did not prompt them for the Branch Name. Her parents went Post Office to send in the form first thing in the morning. Ling & I then went for a short nap.
[Leaving Ling]
Took 961 home to pack. Granny kept asking me if I want to go Uncle Teck Ee's house. Granny, Mummy, Resty & Mei were going to Uncle Teck Ee's house for family gathering. Copied some MP3s to my XDA in case I got bored.
[Boarding bus to Butterworth]
Bus 170 brought me to Woodlands Checkpoint. There were Auxillary Cisco Police officers directing traffic. So the traffic could still flow though there were many cars. The checkpoint was crowded with people. The highlight of the night came a few minutes later. Someone tried to gate-crash through the access pass counter and he was arrested promptly. He looks like a Chinese Ah Beng. He even had a packet of food with him. This time, I am smart enough to cut queue and board the first 170. No jam @ JB side. Reached Merlin Tower @ 7:52 pm. Stood @ the Pesiaran Meldrum road junction for a while and took some photos. Went inside Merlin Tower for a walk. Lots of Clean Hairdressers. Those old dark-windowed saloons were no longer seen. There's even some coffeeshop @ the 3rd floor showing EPL. @ 8:30 pm, a van brought me to Larkin where I transferred to something bigger that will bring me to Butterworth. The bus left Larkin @ 9:20 pm.
[Sleep]
Listened to MP3s until we reached Yong Peng @ 11+ pm. Slept all the way till morning from Yong Peng onwards. Did not even wake up. I guess it's because I slept on an empty stomach.
Woke up @ 8 am. Had You Tiao w Porridge for breakfast. Went to bathe and filled up my immigration card for tonight. Notified mindef of my trip too. Mummy told me to push Granny to the Coffee Shop for lunch today. She'll be going out. Passed me RM500 as 'Emergency Money' for my trip to Penang later.
[Lunch]
Went coffeeshop to buy lunch for Granny & me. I went for MVR while Granny had Wan Ton Noodles. Granny preferred to stay @ home.
[Meeting Ling]
Took 961 to Redhill Close and met Ling. Dropped her pay cheque @ POSB Bukit Merah. She then called POSB to find out the branch of her POSB account. The CSO told her that the default branch is Bras Basah. We need to branch info as I was prompted for it when signing up for the Progress Package.
[Bukit Merah Library]
Went to Bukit Merah Library next. Couldn't find any travel books on Mauritius. Tried to borrow some VCDs & DVDs. But we found out that only Premium Members ($20+ per year) can borrow. Borrowed a magazine for Ling. Tried to look for Bridal Magazines to borrow also don't have.
[Fried Kway Teow]
Took a short walk to the hawker centre for Fried Kway Teow. Ling bought curry puff from Old Chang Kee. A stage was set up for some Bukit Merah CC night. I think the MP/Guest-of-Honour is one of the retiring MPs that was featured in the newspapers.
[Ling's Home]
Went Ling's home by 855 from there. Brought my laptop along and helped Ling & her brother to register for their Progress Package online. This time, the form did not prompt them for the Branch Name. Her parents went Post Office to send in the form first thing in the morning. Ling & I then went for a short nap.
[Leaving Ling]
Took 961 home to pack. Granny kept asking me if I want to go Uncle Teck Ee's house. Granny, Mummy, Resty & Mei were going to Uncle Teck Ee's house for family gathering. Copied some MP3s to my XDA in case I got bored.
[Boarding bus to Butterworth]
Bus 170 brought me to Woodlands Checkpoint. There were Auxillary Cisco Police officers directing traffic. So the traffic could still flow though there were many cars. The checkpoint was crowded with people. The highlight of the night came a few minutes later. Someone tried to gate-crash through the access pass counter and he was arrested promptly. He looks like a Chinese Ah Beng. He even had a packet of food with him. This time, I am smart enough to cut queue and board the first 170. No jam @ JB side. Reached Merlin Tower @ 7:52 pm. Stood @ the Pesiaran Meldrum road junction for a while and took some photos. Went inside Merlin Tower for a walk. Lots of Clean Hairdressers. Those old dark-windowed saloons were no longer seen. There's even some coffeeshop @ the 3rd floor showing EPL. @ 8:30 pm, a van brought me to Larkin where I transferred to something bigger that will bring me to Butterworth. The bus left Larkin @ 9:20 pm.
[Sleep]
Listened to MP3s until we reached Yong Peng @ 11+ pm. Slept all the way till morning from Yong Peng onwards. Did not even wake up. I guess it's because I slept on an empty stomach.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home