20060311 - Sat
[Morning @ Home]
Woke up @ 8 am. That means I've had 6.5 hours of sleep. Should be enough. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast. Mummy bought it when she did the marketing. Mummy then went off to St Nicks to help out at the Fun Fair. She'll try to come back to bring Granny out for lunch. Massaged Granny's ligaments below the knee cap. Hopefully, this will be beneficial to her quality of life.
[Going SNGS]
Took 74 to Ang Mo Kio Central to meet Laval & 玲. Laval messaged in the morning that he would be going to the fun fair. He had previously bought tickets from his colleague because her daughters are in St Nicks. But he had forgotten the dates and left the tickets in office. Luckily we talked about me going to the fun fair and Laval got reminded about the tickets. About $20 in all. I later bought $10 worth of tickets from him. He went office specially to retrieve the tickets. 玲 came by MRT. There's a shorter route for her though. She just had to take 855 and change to 265 @ Yio Chu Kang Rd. I think she'll get lost in the process. It's safer to ask her to come by train. We then took 265 to the school.
[St Nicks Fun Fair]
There's less games stalls than ACJC. I see a lot of adults in those stalls manned by Pri Sch students. They may be parents or teachers. Mummy is helping out at the old girls' stall while 渼 is at the Haunted House (Drama Centre). Laval actually knows Nicole (Mummy's friend from the Alumnae Association). They used to be in Nussu. She's a year younger than me. I also realised for the first time that Laval is in Atos Origin. Atos Origin is actually Mummy's vendor. This is a small country indeed. Laval asked me if Mummy is stressed. I think Mummy looks quite haggard today because of the fun fair. The Mee Siam @ Mummy's stall was quite nice. Someone catered the Mee Siam. There were people who stayed overnight in school to do the cooking. Didn't get to go to the Haunted House due to the long queue. We noticed that the classrooms are not used for stalls anymore. Maybe the school felt that cleaning up the classrooms were a nightmare. Saw Lionel Lewis on the dunking machine.
[Leaving the fun fair]
Took 265 to Yio Chu Kang Road. Changed to 855 and went 玲's place. Learnt some more French from Laval. Waited for 51 with Laval @ 玲's Bus Stop.
[玲's Home]
It's a hot day. So I went to bathe. 玲 cooked Maggi Tom Yam & we shared it. 玲's Dad said that Cai2 is pronounced jia instead of ka.
[Going City Square]
Waited for 玲's Dad to come home. We are going City Square to look for kua and choose a coat for 玲's Dad. 玲's Parents, 玲 & I left her place @ 3:45 pm. Took 961 to Crown Centre. Took 170 to JB. Situation @ Woodlands Checkpoint quite chaotic. There's virtually a mass of people waiting to board buses. No queue @ all. We managed to squeeze ourselves onto a bus to take us to JB side. We then walked to City Square. There's this lady and her mother who brought 4 kids along. 1 is a crying baby and the other is a tantrum-throwing toddler. Although I hated the bawling babies. I must hand it to her to be able to take 4 kids by bus to JB. Stephen & Bishan can't even handle Rachel on the MRT from Jurong East to Hougang.
[Mona Lisa Bridal Shop]
Coincidentally, there's a bridal road show @ City Square. Saw Printemps, Dawn & a few other shops. No Mona Lisa. I read negative reviews about Printemps online last week, so I would avoid Printemps. Read some positive reviews on Mona Lisa. Went straight to Mona Lisa's shop @ 4th floor. We were served by Wendy. She had a tattoo on her right-calf. Wendy told us that those Bridal Shops @ the road-show are all under the same boss. Somehow I feel comfortable @ Mona Lisa. 玲's Mum said the 玲 don't need to wear Kua. So we tried out some Qi Pao instead of Kua. Settled for the white Qi Pao. 玲's Dad chose his coat too. Though I think those shiny buttons make 玲's Dad look like some triad boss. Everything cost RM280. RM80 for the coat. Not sure if I'll regret choosing those gowns from Milan.
[Bought Pants]
We went to Padini @ the ground floor of City Square & 玲's Mum bought a pair of pants for me as part of the wedding customs. 玲's Dad bought a pair for himself too. I bought another office shirt for RM 26. The pants cost RM89 each. We did some alterations to the length. Somehow, my Mastercard can't go through. So I had to pay by cash.
[Dinner]
Went to the to the food court @ the top floor of City Square for dinner. Noticed that many of those stalls have closed down. 玲's Dad & me had Malay rice. 玲 shared Claypot Chicken Rice with her Mum. The drinks stall is pathetic. No Ice Lemon Tea. No coffee. In the end, 玲's Dad bought a can of Grass Jelly for RM2.
[Shoes]
玲 wanted to look for shoes. But didn't find a suitable pair and we were all in a hurry to go back.
[Going home]
Walked to the checkpoint from City Square. Plenty of 170s. But there was a massive jam @ the Causeway. Surprisingly, the bus lane managed to move quite fast. 玲's Dad took 170 all the way to Bugis while the rest of us switched to 961 @ Watten Estate.
[Very Tired]
Slept for a while @ 玲's place. Her Mum gave back the money for the 2 pants. Left 玲's place @ 11:30 pm.
[More food]
There were some eggs and You Tiao on the table. Finished them all. Bathed & slept.
Woke up @ 8 am. That means I've had 6.5 hours of sleep. Should be enough. Had Bee Hoon for breakfast. Mummy bought it when she did the marketing. Mummy then went off to St Nicks to help out at the Fun Fair. She'll try to come back to bring Granny out for lunch. Massaged Granny's ligaments below the knee cap. Hopefully, this will be beneficial to her quality of life.
[Going SNGS]
Took 74 to Ang Mo Kio Central to meet Laval & 玲. Laval messaged in the morning that he would be going to the fun fair. He had previously bought tickets from his colleague because her daughters are in St Nicks. But he had forgotten the dates and left the tickets in office. Luckily we talked about me going to the fun fair and Laval got reminded about the tickets. About $20 in all. I later bought $10 worth of tickets from him. He went office specially to retrieve the tickets. 玲 came by MRT. There's a shorter route for her though. She just had to take 855 and change to 265 @ Yio Chu Kang Rd. I think she'll get lost in the process. It's safer to ask her to come by train. We then took 265 to the school.
[St Nicks Fun Fair]
There's less games stalls than ACJC. I see a lot of adults in those stalls manned by Pri Sch students. They may be parents or teachers. Mummy is helping out at the old girls' stall while 渼 is at the Haunted House (Drama Centre). Laval actually knows Nicole (Mummy's friend from the Alumnae Association). They used to be in Nussu. She's a year younger than me. I also realised for the first time that Laval is in Atos Origin. Atos Origin is actually Mummy's vendor. This is a small country indeed. Laval asked me if Mummy is stressed. I think Mummy looks quite haggard today because of the fun fair. The Mee Siam @ Mummy's stall was quite nice. Someone catered the Mee Siam. There were people who stayed overnight in school to do the cooking. Didn't get to go to the Haunted House due to the long queue. We noticed that the classrooms are not used for stalls anymore. Maybe the school felt that cleaning up the classrooms were a nightmare. Saw Lionel Lewis on the dunking machine.
[Leaving the fun fair]
Took 265 to Yio Chu Kang Road. Changed to 855 and went 玲's place. Learnt some more French from Laval. Waited for 51 with Laval @ 玲's Bus Stop.
[玲's Home]
It's a hot day. So I went to bathe. 玲 cooked Maggi Tom Yam & we shared it. 玲's Dad said that Cai2 is pronounced jia instead of ka.
[Going City Square]
Waited for 玲's Dad to come home. We are going City Square to look for kua and choose a coat for 玲's Dad. 玲's Parents, 玲 & I left her place @ 3:45 pm. Took 961 to Crown Centre. Took 170 to JB. Situation @ Woodlands Checkpoint quite chaotic. There's virtually a mass of people waiting to board buses. No queue @ all. We managed to squeeze ourselves onto a bus to take us to JB side. We then walked to City Square. There's this lady and her mother who brought 4 kids along. 1 is a crying baby and the other is a tantrum-throwing toddler. Although I hated the bawling babies. I must hand it to her to be able to take 4 kids by bus to JB. Stephen & Bishan can't even handle Rachel on the MRT from Jurong East to Hougang.
[Mona Lisa Bridal Shop]
Coincidentally, there's a bridal road show @ City Square. Saw Printemps, Dawn & a few other shops. No Mona Lisa. I read negative reviews about Printemps online last week, so I would avoid Printemps. Read some positive reviews on Mona Lisa. Went straight to Mona Lisa's shop @ 4th floor. We were served by Wendy. She had a tattoo on her right-calf. Wendy told us that those Bridal Shops @ the road-show are all under the same boss. Somehow I feel comfortable @ Mona Lisa. 玲's Mum said the 玲 don't need to wear Kua. So we tried out some Qi Pao instead of Kua. Settled for the white Qi Pao. 玲's Dad chose his coat too. Though I think those shiny buttons make 玲's Dad look like some triad boss. Everything cost RM280. RM80 for the coat. Not sure if I'll regret choosing those gowns from Milan.
[Bought Pants]
We went to Padini @ the ground floor of City Square & 玲's Mum bought a pair of pants for me as part of the wedding customs. 玲's Dad bought a pair for himself too. I bought another office shirt for RM 26. The pants cost RM89 each. We did some alterations to the length. Somehow, my Mastercard can't go through. So I had to pay by cash.
[Dinner]
Went to the to the food court @ the top floor of City Square for dinner. Noticed that many of those stalls have closed down. 玲's Dad & me had Malay rice. 玲 shared Claypot Chicken Rice with her Mum. The drinks stall is pathetic. No Ice Lemon Tea. No coffee. In the end, 玲's Dad bought a can of Grass Jelly for RM2.
[Shoes]
玲 wanted to look for shoes. But didn't find a suitable pair and we were all in a hurry to go back.
[Going home]
Walked to the checkpoint from City Square. Plenty of 170s. But there was a massive jam @ the Causeway. Surprisingly, the bus lane managed to move quite fast. 玲's Dad took 170 all the way to Bugis while the rest of us switched to 961 @ Watten Estate.
[Very Tired]
Slept for a while @ 玲's place. Her Mum gave back the money for the 2 pants. Left 玲's place @ 11:30 pm.
[More food]
There were some eggs and You Tiao on the table. Finished them all. Bathed & slept.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home