20060301 - Wed
[Maggi Curry for Breakfast]
[Granny's Visit Pass]
Got Granny to sign on the application form.
[Mummy fetched me to ICA]
[Documents for Granny's Visit Pass]
I'll be Granny's sponsor. Daddy used to be the sponsor. Didn't bring my Birth Cert and Daddy's Birth Cert coz it came as an after-thought, long after I've left home in Mummy's car.
[Long queue @ ICA]
Didn't know there's a long queue. ICA opens @ 8 am and thisis only 7:45 am. Queue length can be compared to the one @ Malaysia High Commision. Hopefully, the speed of the queue is faster.
[Wedding Preparations]
Been asking Heng Kui & Mei to get their guest list ready by this week. Fact is I haven't even confirmed my own guest list. There's still so many things to settle. The kua. The car. The flowers. The work plan. The wine. The invitation cards. Being the control-freak that I am, it's natural all these will come under my jurisdiction. I'll just handle whatever I can & leave the rest to God.
[Outcome of visit to ICA]
Application for Granny's visit pass as a Grandson is not so straightforward. Not straightfoward means it is not 100% guaranteed that her social visit pass can be renewed. The Malay man at the counter suggested that I come back tomorrow with my birth cert & Daddy's death cert. It would be nice to have an appeal letter too.
[North-South Line]
Something wrong with the North-South Line. So Dharmesh, Karnala & Xinhui were late.
[EXSA Award]
Stephen nominated us for the silver award. He has asked CS to send us compliments. In return we will send them back. But I can only think of sending to Joey as she has collated the Jacket sizes for the Service Champs.
[Different ways of addressing elders in different dialects]
Typing 五妗 inspired me to find out the Chinese Characters for the Hakka pronunciation of 阿爹 (ah ta) and 阿奶 (ah nei) as well. Downloaded 2 PDFs. One for Hokkien and one for Hakka. They contain the Chinese Characters and the pronunciations for most of the daily vocabulary. Neat.
[Nasi Lemak for Lunch]
[Stupid SMRT]
They are now charging $250 extra if we are doing filming on the bus. Kiat is contemplating scraping the idea of getting an SMRT bus.
[Met Kiat for Maggi Goreng]
He took cab down from Yio Chu Kang. Brought him to try the Maggi Goreng. I had a Carlsberg. We then went back to my office. Called C & A Transit to check if we can charter a bus from them. Kiat will go to the American School tomorrow to assess the bus.
[Merlion w Sunglasses]
Read the New Paper. Singapore Tourism Board actually placed a pair of sunglasses on the Merlion. It looked so damn out of sync with the image. It made a mockery of Singapore. A good thing that it was taken down.
[LiG Migration Kick-off meeting]
Boon-Gek was present for the meeting. It was interesting to see her correcting our grammer. And she would have a witty response for everything we said. I think in a meeting with her around, I wouldn't be bored.
[Met Kit @ Holland V]
We went Crystal Jade La Mian & Eski Bar. Ordered Onion Oil Noodles, Meat Wanton Soup & Ma Po Bean Curd. Crystal Jade Kitchen's Ma Po Bean Curd is better. The one here @ La Mian has some strange alcoholic spice. Next stop was Eski Bar. There was this China Waiteress who can't really speak English. We ordered our drinks in Mandarin. Eski Bar lived up to its name. Their air-cond is a special air-cond that can cause temperatures to plunge below 20 degrees Celsius. And I'm just talking about the normal section. There's another sub-zero section where temperatures are below freezing. We left at around 9:20 pm. Kit took 106 home while I took 61 to Ling's home.
[Kit's teaching]
He's now in charge of a class on his own. Thanks to a Malay teacher who kept getting MC. She's a qualified teacher some more. The school asked Kit to replace her position as form teacher.
[Kit's weekends]
His weekends are quite routine. Staying at home on Saturdays and going back to his parents' home @ Bukit Panjang on Sundays.
[Mambo Night on 15 Mar]
That day falls during the school holidays. It's also 1 day after Kit's 29th birthday. It's been a while since we last partied @ Zouk. I'm toying with the idea of getting a room @ Grand Copthorne Waterfront. Kit said that sometimes if we go to the hotel @ the last minute, they may charge less. He got a low-rate when he went to Fullerton Hotel to stay. It was only $200+ for a night. Good. I'll try this method on 15 Mar for Grand Copthorne Waterfront.
[岳母的芋粿]
玲's Mum called while I was @ Eski Bar. She said she cooked some 芋粿 coz it is 玲's 阿妈's death anniversary. Went over after I left Eski Bar to get the 芋粿.
[Bus 961 Home]
[渼's guest list for my wedding]
She promised to get back to me tomorrow.
[Java Class File Extensions]
Realised that there is a limit to the number of files a developer can extend. The cap is @ 60. That means the 61st class file extended will cause some Stack Overflow error. I suspect that the JVM uses recursion to load the extended class files.
[Granny's Visit Pass]
Got Granny to sign on the application form.
[Mummy fetched me to ICA]
[Documents for Granny's Visit Pass]
I'll be Granny's sponsor. Daddy used to be the sponsor. Didn't bring my Birth Cert and Daddy's Birth Cert coz it came as an after-thought, long after I've left home in Mummy's car.
[Long queue @ ICA]
Didn't know there's a long queue. ICA opens @ 8 am and thisis only 7:45 am. Queue length can be compared to the one @ Malaysia High Commision. Hopefully, the speed of the queue is faster.
[Wedding Preparations]
Been asking Heng Kui & Mei to get their guest list ready by this week. Fact is I haven't even confirmed my own guest list. There's still so many things to settle. The kua. The car. The flowers. The work plan. The wine. The invitation cards. Being the control-freak that I am, it's natural all these will come under my jurisdiction. I'll just handle whatever I can & leave the rest to God.
[Outcome of visit to ICA]
Application for Granny's visit pass as a Grandson is not so straightforward. Not straightfoward means it is not 100% guaranteed that her social visit pass can be renewed. The Malay man at the counter suggested that I come back tomorrow with my birth cert & Daddy's death cert. It would be nice to have an appeal letter too.
[North-South Line]
Something wrong with the North-South Line. So Dharmesh, Karnala & Xinhui were late.
[EXSA Award]
Stephen nominated us for the silver award. He has asked CS to send us compliments. In return we will send them back. But I can only think of sending to Joey as she has collated the Jacket sizes for the Service Champs.
[Different ways of addressing elders in different dialects]
Typing 五妗 inspired me to find out the Chinese Characters for the Hakka pronunciation of 阿爹 (ah ta) and 阿奶 (ah nei) as well. Downloaded 2 PDFs. One for Hokkien and one for Hakka. They contain the Chinese Characters and the pronunciations for most of the daily vocabulary. Neat.
[Nasi Lemak for Lunch]
[Stupid SMRT]
They are now charging $250 extra if we are doing filming on the bus. Kiat is contemplating scraping the idea of getting an SMRT bus.
[Met Kiat for Maggi Goreng]
He took cab down from Yio Chu Kang. Brought him to try the Maggi Goreng. I had a Carlsberg. We then went back to my office. Called C & A Transit to check if we can charter a bus from them. Kiat will go to the American School tomorrow to assess the bus.
[Merlion w Sunglasses]
Read the New Paper. Singapore Tourism Board actually placed a pair of sunglasses on the Merlion. It looked so damn out of sync with the image. It made a mockery of Singapore. A good thing that it was taken down.
[LiG Migration Kick-off meeting]
Boon-Gek was present for the meeting. It was interesting to see her correcting our grammer. And she would have a witty response for everything we said. I think in a meeting with her around, I wouldn't be bored.
[Met Kit @ Holland V]
We went Crystal Jade La Mian & Eski Bar. Ordered Onion Oil Noodles, Meat Wanton Soup & Ma Po Bean Curd. Crystal Jade Kitchen's Ma Po Bean Curd is better. The one here @ La Mian has some strange alcoholic spice. Next stop was Eski Bar. There was this China Waiteress who can't really speak English. We ordered our drinks in Mandarin. Eski Bar lived up to its name. Their air-cond is a special air-cond that can cause temperatures to plunge below 20 degrees Celsius. And I'm just talking about the normal section. There's another sub-zero section where temperatures are below freezing. We left at around 9:20 pm. Kit took 106 home while I took 61 to Ling's home.
[Kit's teaching]
He's now in charge of a class on his own. Thanks to a Malay teacher who kept getting MC. She's a qualified teacher some more. The school asked Kit to replace her position as form teacher.
[Kit's weekends]
His weekends are quite routine. Staying at home on Saturdays and going back to his parents' home @ Bukit Panjang on Sundays.
[Mambo Night on 15 Mar]
That day falls during the school holidays. It's also 1 day after Kit's 29th birthday. It's been a while since we last partied @ Zouk. I'm toying with the idea of getting a room @ Grand Copthorne Waterfront. Kit said that sometimes if we go to the hotel @ the last minute, they may charge less. He got a low-rate when he went to Fullerton Hotel to stay. It was only $200+ for a night. Good. I'll try this method on 15 Mar for Grand Copthorne Waterfront.
[岳母的芋粿]
玲's Mum called while I was @ Eski Bar. She said she cooked some 芋粿 coz it is 玲's 阿妈's death anniversary. Went over after I left Eski Bar to get the 芋粿.
[Bus 961 Home]
[渼's guest list for my wedding]
She promised to get back to me tomorrow.
[Java Class File Extensions]
Realised that there is a limit to the number of files a developer can extend. The cap is @ 60. That means the 61st class file extended will cause some Stack Overflow error. I suspect that the JVM uses recursion to load the extended class files.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home