Tuesday, October 04, 2005

[2005 10 04] - [Tue]

Morning
Woke up at 7:05 am and wore my working clothes for the first time in 11 days. I love the corporate world. Of course I would certainly miss the camaraderie back in Khatib Camp and the drinks at the pubs. Took 174 down to office. I could see that the Orchard ERP gantry was switched off while the one near Handy Road is turned ‘on’. Went Fitness First to bathe. I’ll give my body a break.
Work
Cleared the usual emails. The team-building follow-up has reached a new stage. It is time to arrow people to write the IT Magazine or whatever it will be named later. I got the Editor arrow. Bought stuff for Granny. She finished 3 bottles of Tian Qi wine in 3 months. Bought another 2 bottles for her as well as the ‘Good Look’ hair cream. Xinhui’s granny also uses the same brand. Is that a Granny’s brand? Chris & Xinhui finally updated their blogs. That means the newly married girl must be back in office.
Terence’s new hobby
Torchlights! I didn’t know torchlights can be considered a hobby. There’s a torchlight that costs US$400! Maybe it’s powerful enough to send morse codes to the International Space Station huh.
Lunch
It’s so good to be back to lunch with them. Chris has also come back from her marriage leave. She actually planned to go Bali with her hubby. Luckily they didn’t go. My cough is still bad. So can only eat Bee Hoon. Stephen left his topless photos with the baby in the SD Card. We had a field day oogling at him.
T7’s vs Ixus 30
Difference is obvious in the movies taken at the KTV event 2 weeks ago. The T7 registered very dark colours while the Ixus 30 was much brighter.
Buying stuff
Bought Dental Floss for myself and 20 local stamps for Mummy.
Tech Watch Final Presentation
Today is the day of the final presentation. Magdalene has booked a 12A from 4:30 pm onwards. SB’s group will present on the VoIP first. K’s group will then share with us their findings from Business Process Outsourcing. Our group’s presentation on wireless technology will be in the last slot. The 2 pregnant ladies have graciously ‘ceded’ the chance to do the presentation to Stephen & me. With my irritating cough, it is effectively Stephen holding everything together. As a form of support, Indra has bought Coffee & Tea for the whole team.
SB’s presentation
Zzzzzzzzzz.
K’s presentation
Lots of bombastic terms. There’s even a term called GEL Process Krafting Methodology. Short-formed as GPK. This group even did a report. Spoiled the market as they are the first and only group to do a report in the 2 years of Tech Watch of history to do a report. This led KW to ask when’s the deadline for the report. We then pointed out that a report of not in the scope. Lih Yen intervened and suggested we do a 1-page executive summary.
Our presentation
It went on smoothly. Stephen did a fairly ok job considering that he had to field questions from those in the meeting room. By the time we ended, it was already 7:22 pm.
Going home
Edwin called. He asked if I wanted to go Beijing in the first week of November. It is a tempting idea considering the number of public holidays in that week. He also had some Vodka with him. But I need to get some Orange Juice from Cold Storage as mixer. Contemplated taking taxi home. But ended up taking 970 back.
Bumper repaired
The bumper has been repaired! This time round, I think Joe changed the whole bumper as the previous dents were gone too.
At home
Was feeling hungry. So I gobbled up all the soup, the rice and nearly gobbled up all the Xian2 Cai4. Passed the stamps to Mummy before leaving home and taking a bus to Edwin’s place.
Discussion on Beijing trip
Edwin will be flying up to Hong Kong first. He haven’t decided on how he’s going to end up in Beijing. Also on the cards were a train trip to Dalian before taking a ferry to Korea and then flying back.
Vodka & Sheridan
We finished Edwin’s vodka. Mixed it with the Orange Juice that I brought. I was expecting some obscure vodka brand. But no. It turned out to be Absolut Vodka. Edwin then opened a Sheridan. I remembered it fondly as the bottle with 2 sections. Edwin didn’t really like it as it was too sweet.
Still got bus!
Left his place at 12:15 am. Walked to the Coronation Bus Stop. Gave myself 10 minutes there. If there are no more buses, I would take a cab. But within 3 minutes, a 170 faithfully appeared!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home