Tuesday, September 27, 2005

[2005 09 27] - [Tue]

[1115] - Waiting for lunch at auditorium
It’s too late to go back to bunk coz lunch willl be at 12 noon. Francis just announced to the whole battery that Kit & I are now 2SGs. Just bought a notebook so that I can kill time by writing diary.
I’ve not spoken so much to Ah Goh since my first reservist. He’s still in contact with Amanda & her friends. I still remember her as the best female singer I’ve encountered. He has also mellowed with age. Gone are the days when we’ll go night clubs and discos almost every week. He’s hobby is now fishing.
Just got news that I would be taking IPPT tomorrow. Only those with Gold are exempted.
Went on a pubbing spree last night with Alex. We went Windiws pub first, shot some pool and had Tiger Beer. Next stop was ‘Oldies’ Pub. Sang ‘Tong Hua’ & ‘An Jing’.
[1256] - Bunk
We are free for the whole afternoon. So here I am in bed whiling my time away. Kit is reading newspapers while Alex is asleep.
There’s a fire-gate training this afternoon at 3:30 pm. But it is only for 2Ics. So Alex has to change to his smelly No.4 in a couple of hours’ time.
More about ‘oldies’ pub last night. Alex & I played pool against other opponents. Each of us won once and lost once. More 5-10 was played. According to Alex I’m getting better at it.
We are actually told to soak our uniforms in some insect repellent. It is actually some repulsive white liquid. We had to handle it with gloves as it is supposed to be toxic. I’m not going to do that as God knows if that thing will maul my skin.
Seoh is unable to read my handwriting as I’ve delibrately written my diary in a very cursive way.
The power point in my bunk isn’t working. Looks like I have to charge my phone at the men’s bunk.
We’ll be going out for a 2-day-1-night exercise on Thursday. Thankfully we’ll be coming back to camp on Wednesday night. Since there are not enough personnel, we’ll be moving out with only 3 guns. That is good news. Another good news is that Alex might be the commander. Francis has requested the commanders to train their 2ICs.
[1703] - Bunk
Just got back from the garage. Went to ‘sort out’ the camouflage net and the sliding pipes. We even brought the guns to the POL point so that the guns can be refilled directly. A 7-ton will tow our guns back to the garage.
It’s my first visit to the POL point. Right beside the rear gate. Have decided not to go down to Double O tonight. Will just go for some simple food at a coffee shop nearby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home