Friday, September 23, 2005

[2005 09 23] - [Fri]

[0830] - Journey to work
Woke up at 6:35 am. I was surprised that I managed to wake up. Considering that I slept at 3 am the night before. Mei is still in bed. She’s going to school less often. That means that her prelims are ending soon.
Had Myojo Mee Goreng with Egg for breakfast. Mummy then fetched me to work. Mummy is keen to bring Mei along to join Ling and me at Lot 1 this Saturday afternoon so that Mei can shop for her gown. Mei remarked that it feels strange to be shopping with us.
Decided to rest my body. So I just went Fitness First to bathe.
[1010] - KTV Reality
Packing up stuff
Spent the first part of the day clearing away my desk. It was getting messy to the point that it’s unbearable. Now my desk looks clean and empty. I even threw away all the vouchers that I know I won’t be using.
Ling’s Dream
Ling called me to tell me about her dream last night. She’s been dreaming for 3 nights in a row. I had my own dream too but I forgot what it was when I woke up.
KTV
Angeline just sent the list of KTV participants and their songs. Quite a few surprises. Simon Chan & Redzuan are singing. They all act blur when I asked them about the event earlier in the week. Even Jenny is singing. I guess Malaysia & India won’t be represented. I’m slated to sing ‘If’ first. It’s actually my last choice for the first song. I would have preferred the Hokkien song. There are too many singers I think. The first few and last few singers will have the advantage. Imagine continuous singing from 7:30 pm to 9:15 pm.
[1045] - Marketing
Went Marketing Dept to talk cock with Andy & Cai Wei. I’m in Reservist mood again. Trying to kill some time before I go for my hair cut. Cai Wei told me that Nancy couldn’t recognise me coz I was so fat. I find it funny as I used to be worse last time.
[1150] - Haircut & Fried Kway Teow
Went for a haircut at Hong Lim. It’s the same lady that cut my hair 3 weeks ago. She tried to charge me $2 for putting gel on my hair. Luckily I questioned her that I wasn’t charged the $2 the previous time before she rescinded the charge.
I’m still thinking of the Fried Kway Teow ever since Alex mentioned it last night. So I went to have a plate of it @ Hong Lim.
[1400] - Esther
Met Esther at the foyer. Suggested going to 13th floor pantry as I don’t feel like going anywhere else.
Somehow, I didn’t feel like listening to the sales talk today as I gave half-hearted answers. Maybe it is something about her abilities that I do not trust. Could be her drive. Could be the way she looked. I might be more trusting if it is someone like Genevieve or Zijie. We left without any conclusions though I get a copy of the Saving plan from Asia Life. It guarantees $5200 after 5 years for $5000 invested.
[1430] - BIPS
Used Daxin’s BIPS to check out GE’s equivalent policies. They are about the same as the one offered by Asia Life except that the minimum premium is much higher.
[1600] - Econnect-SSO Problem
Somehow, the RMI method calls have been throwing Unserializable Exceptions. Mysteriously, everything worked after Song Jing restarted the AACM server. Murphy’s law must be at work again. In the morning, Dharmesh & Karnala tested the thing and it worked. But once IBM started testing, the thing failed.
Asked Tang Seng to help out Tee Yong on the part of Unix Shell Scripts. I think there’s still quite a fair bit of business logic to be tied down while I’m away at reservist.
[1730] - The case of the missing red wine opener
I took out Chu Chong’s Red Wine from the fridge. Then realised that the wine opener has gone missing from the Level 12 pantry. A check around the pantries at 9th floor and 14th floor did not yield any positive results. Finally, I borrowed a Swiss Army knife from Chris Ng and with Junxu’s 2 bare hands, managed to get the red wine opened. Of course what followed was predictable. A gathering of guys at my desk with styrofoam cups in their hands.
[1800] - Final bath
Went Fitness First to bathe. I needed to look fresh for the KTV session tonight.
[1830] - Last minute error
Mon just came over. PoC has error. What the fuck! What a time to have an error. I’ve no clue why the Providers are not able to load when the portal pages load perfectly. Luckily Tang Seng & Choon Hong assured me that they will help out on Monday to look into the problem.
[0245] - KTV
When we arrived at the K Union, there was already a long queue being formed for the buffet dinner. We were late. Thanks to StaffNet PoC having PMS. Xinhui is dressed in her sweet & cute white dress. There was free flow Tiger beer. Though I hated Tiger. It is still better than nothing. David Soh started the ball rolling with Suyi. They gave a William Hung-type rendition of Wu Ding. This was followed by the first song of the competition. Stephen & his gang stepped up to take the mikes. They sang SHE’s Superstar. I’m not a big fan of the song. But Stephen is my good friend. So I decided to take the front seat to take immortalise their faces and voices using the T7. Next was Lim Tian Yee. By then I’m quite anxious about the ‘If’ that will be my item. I didn’t have the mood to listen. Everything is around me is in a blur. I took a few more sips of Tiger to numb my senses. My item came and went. At least everybody clapped at the first verse. It is somehow a re-assuring sign. Suyi was the emcee and said that I really touched her with my song. I didn’t really know how to react. My night began after that. The next I remember was Daxin singing. He was singing Zhang Qing Fang’s song. It sounded very China. But I must applaud him for the courage to go up. Xinhui’s item was one of the most supported. Even Redzuan went up to dance with her. I should say she really did very well this time. Desmond, Xinhui & Sharon went into the final round. Desmond ended up winning. For some unknown reasons, I just don’t like Desmond to win. Stephen & I were quite aggressive in garnering votes for Xinhui. I even took the votes from HR. But Desmond still won. I think those people in 9th floor voted for him while the voting from those in 12th floor were split among the 2 ladies.
All in all the night was still a positive thing as I walked away with a bottle of Red Wine. I was one of the 10 lucky winners.
Spent of the rest of the night talking cock with Stephen. Somehow, the topic went to something sad and I just cried there. Right in front of everyone.
Stephen & I then took a cab to my place and we carried on talking. About families, office people. We finally ended the night at 2:30 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home