[2005 09 20] - [Tue]
[0915] - Mum fetched me to work
Woke up at 6:40 am. Got interrupted suddenly from a dream. But I couldn't recall what the dream was. The only thing I remembered was Arsenal vs Everton. The score reads 2-0 in Arsenal's favour. Damn! There goes my $20. Forced myself to do 50 situps as this is a better alternative to the crunches machine at Fitness First.
Mei is still in bed. This will mean only one thing. Mummy would be fetching me to work again.
Before I could tell Resti to buy Bee Hoon for me, Mummy gestured the mooncake to me. It wasn't as nice as the one that Joycelyn gave me. But it will do.
Mummy fetched me to work. We were debating whether to go ahead with badminton on 13 Oct as she would be attending the Catholic High Alumni Dinner. Uncle Teck Ee will also be going to the same dinner. I think we should go ahead. I can then ask David Tay, Shwu Shin & co to come along. Haven’t seen Shwu Shin play before.
Koh Wee was talking to someone at Francis's desk as I was walking towards my desk. They are all freaking early.
Went to pull 11 reps of 60 kg on the Chin-Up machine before going for my freestyle swim (14 laps). The abrasion is healing. I shall wait for it to heal completely before going for jogging. My reservist is next Monday. Time is running out. Actually I just want to stay in shape as I've passed my IPPT for the year.
[1215] - Morning
Asked Stephen to help me rip the Hokkien song from my Grasshoppers CD the first thing in the morning. Tang Seng helped out with some of the Hokkien pronunciation. Now the 3 songs will be in my head for the next few days.
Everyone is taking this KTV thing seriously although they all said it for funs. Earphones, MP3s, humming are some of the phenomenoms spotted. I'm one of the guilty parties as well. At least I want to memorise the lyrics so that if I freak out on stage on Friday, I will still sing it out mechanically.
Today is Dharmesh's birthday. Was hoping to have some Vodka with him. But he's not around today. Most probably on leave celebrating with his family. I can only drink alone now. I mixed some of it with the Orange Juice that I bought last weekend. The 3 bottles of Long Island Tea are still there.
Discussed with Tang Seng about the online claim forms. It's another legacy web page which is difficult to change. Claims have decided to alter the description of the forms. And a stupid Orange in 2003 decided to use the Claims Description as the key. So in the end, it is easier to hard code the changes into the forms.
[1330] - Lunch
Since there’s only Stephen, Tang Seng, Xinhui & me, I suggested going to Urban Fav Café for lunch. I was looking forward to have the Penang Fried Kway Teow in my taste buds again. It was much crowded today than the first time I was here on 25 Jul. I think the good food got something to do with it. Xinhui went to collect her air tickets before joining us. I had the Penang Fried Kway Teow while the rest had the Mango Chicken Rice Set Meal. My Fried Kway Teow tasted much better than the chicken rice until Daxin & I shared a 2nd plate of it.
Oops. We forgot about Karnala coz usually it was Dharmesh who would ask him for lunch. We felt quite pai se. Stephen called him to ask him to have lunch on his own. Anyway he brought lunch from home and he couldn’t join us anyway.
[1800] - Afternoon
Daxin is busy practising his ‘Take me to your heart’ as well his ‘Heaven’. Everyone is so ‘into’ this thing that I’m looking very much forward to this Friday’s event. Music fever is now spreading around office like wildfire.
Had a talk with Choon Hong about StaffNet UAT. Aiker is on MC these 2 days. So there won’t be a decision on it so soon. Anyway it is not critical as I can still assist them after the reservist.He sounded me out about a Webtrends’ meeting this Thursday.
Asked Shwu Shin & David about badminton on 13 Oct. At the moment they are okay with it.
Xinhui sent us a logo test. Shit man. I only got 8% correct. A lot of the logos stumped me. Earlier in the morning, she sent some car maze.
Wanted to place a bet on Grimsby against Spurs. But sportingbet didn’t have any Asian Handicaps tonight.
Was so tired that I dozed off. Funny. I slept quite early last night.
Helped Daxin to evaluate if LQ can be run on Linux. The ‘native’ method that we have to call helped me conclude within 5 minutes that it is not possible to run its dll file on unix/linux as there are some 'native' methods in the java classes. I still love iText as it doesn’t use native methods.
Daxin showed me some country music and some strange Chinese music. All failures. Failures. Failures. Don’t think any KTV would commite suicide by carrying those songs in their systems.
Helped Karnala to move Dharmesh’s old PC over to his side. Karnala’s laptop is actually Daxin’s old laptop, which is also Tang Seng’s old laptop. It is showing signs of acute ageing when it took about 5 minutes simply to compile and create a .jar file.
Cindy tried to open a word file (5.31 MB) on the Common PC. It had earlier crashed her PC. It has also successfully crashed the Microsoft Word on Common PC. I was about to ask her to send it back to the ‘idiot who created such a big word file’ when she mentioned that she was the author of the file. It even crashed my T41. Looks like she has to create it all over again.
Went Fitness First to take a bath so that I can freshen up. Been feeling quite sleepy.
[1820] - Badminton with Daxin
Played ‘Cubicle Badminton’ with Daxin. Since Dharmesh wasn’t around, we made use of the extra space available. When I was about to retrieve a shot behind me, my chair hit my desk and my right arm was damn painful for a while. I think I hit the spot where I injured my arm earlier in March. The pain lasted for a minute before vanishing. I hope I can find the correct stretching exercise for my right arm so that I can cure my arm. I suspect that it needs stretching in certain directions. Asked Daxin to come with us for KTV but he didn’t want to.
[2210] - KTV
Was in the lift when I realised that I left the 2 bottles of Long Island Tea behind. I exited at 6th floor before going back for my drinks.
Took MRT to Somerset station. It’s been quite a while since I last took MRT. It was damn crowded. Luckily I don’t have to do this everyday. Almost got off at Dhoby Ghaut accidentally.
My first visit to K-Box Cineleisure. The establishment was having a K-Ice night. If each person order a bottle of K-Ice, then the room charge would be free from 7 pm to 10 pm. We opted for the K-Ice package. The drink itself wasn’t too bad. I would give it 7 out of 10. In the meantime, we also finished the 2 bottles of Long Island Tea though I was the main person consuming it. Practised the 3 songs many times. After Xinhui left, I decided to ‘spy’ on the Filipino colleagues. I spotted them walking past our room. When I walked in, they were already singing the last song.
[2230] - Supper
There are a few hawker stalls at the youth park. I tried the Carrot Cake. It was so-so only.
Woke up at 6:40 am. Got interrupted suddenly from a dream. But I couldn't recall what the dream was. The only thing I remembered was Arsenal vs Everton. The score reads 2-0 in Arsenal's favour. Damn! There goes my $20. Forced myself to do 50 situps as this is a better alternative to the crunches machine at Fitness First.
Mei is still in bed. This will mean only one thing. Mummy would be fetching me to work again.
Before I could tell Resti to buy Bee Hoon for me, Mummy gestured the mooncake to me. It wasn't as nice as the one that Joycelyn gave me. But it will do.
Mummy fetched me to work. We were debating whether to go ahead with badminton on 13 Oct as she would be attending the Catholic High Alumni Dinner. Uncle Teck Ee will also be going to the same dinner. I think we should go ahead. I can then ask David Tay, Shwu Shin & co to come along. Haven’t seen Shwu Shin play before.
Koh Wee was talking to someone at Francis's desk as I was walking towards my desk. They are all freaking early.
Went to pull 11 reps of 60 kg on the Chin-Up machine before going for my freestyle swim (14 laps). The abrasion is healing. I shall wait for it to heal completely before going for jogging. My reservist is next Monday. Time is running out. Actually I just want to stay in shape as I've passed my IPPT for the year.
[1215] - Morning
Asked Stephen to help me rip the Hokkien song from my Grasshoppers CD the first thing in the morning. Tang Seng helped out with some of the Hokkien pronunciation. Now the 3 songs will be in my head for the next few days.
Everyone is taking this KTV thing seriously although they all said it for funs. Earphones, MP3s, humming are some of the phenomenoms spotted. I'm one of the guilty parties as well. At least I want to memorise the lyrics so that if I freak out on stage on Friday, I will still sing it out mechanically.
Today is Dharmesh's birthday. Was hoping to have some Vodka with him. But he's not around today. Most probably on leave celebrating with his family. I can only drink alone now. I mixed some of it with the Orange Juice that I bought last weekend. The 3 bottles of Long Island Tea are still there.
Discussed with Tang Seng about the online claim forms. It's another legacy web page which is difficult to change. Claims have decided to alter the description of the forms. And a stupid Orange in 2003 decided to use the Claims Description as the key. So in the end, it is easier to hard code the changes into the forms.
[1330] - Lunch
Since there’s only Stephen, Tang Seng, Xinhui & me, I suggested going to Urban Fav Café for lunch. I was looking forward to have the Penang Fried Kway Teow in my taste buds again. It was much crowded today than the first time I was here on 25 Jul. I think the good food got something to do with it. Xinhui went to collect her air tickets before joining us. I had the Penang Fried Kway Teow while the rest had the Mango Chicken Rice Set Meal. My Fried Kway Teow tasted much better than the chicken rice until Daxin & I shared a 2nd plate of it.
Oops. We forgot about Karnala coz usually it was Dharmesh who would ask him for lunch. We felt quite pai se. Stephen called him to ask him to have lunch on his own. Anyway he brought lunch from home and he couldn’t join us anyway.
[1800] - Afternoon
Daxin is busy practising his ‘Take me to your heart’ as well his ‘Heaven’. Everyone is so ‘into’ this thing that I’m looking very much forward to this Friday’s event. Music fever is now spreading around office like wildfire.
Had a talk with Choon Hong about StaffNet UAT. Aiker is on MC these 2 days. So there won’t be a decision on it so soon. Anyway it is not critical as I can still assist them after the reservist.He sounded me out about a Webtrends’ meeting this Thursday.
Asked Shwu Shin & David about badminton on 13 Oct. At the moment they are okay with it.
Xinhui sent us a logo test. Shit man. I only got 8% correct. A lot of the logos stumped me. Earlier in the morning, she sent some car maze.
Wanted to place a bet on Grimsby against Spurs. But sportingbet didn’t have any Asian Handicaps tonight.
Was so tired that I dozed off. Funny. I slept quite early last night.
Helped Daxin to evaluate if LQ can be run on Linux. The ‘native’ method that we have to call helped me conclude within 5 minutes that it is not possible to run its dll file on unix/linux as there are some 'native' methods in the java classes. I still love iText as it doesn’t use native methods.
Daxin showed me some country music and some strange Chinese music. All failures. Failures. Failures. Don’t think any KTV would commite suicide by carrying those songs in their systems.
Helped Karnala to move Dharmesh’s old PC over to his side. Karnala’s laptop is actually Daxin’s old laptop, which is also Tang Seng’s old laptop. It is showing signs of acute ageing when it took about 5 minutes simply to compile and create a .jar file.
Cindy tried to open a word file (5.31 MB) on the Common PC. It had earlier crashed her PC. It has also successfully crashed the Microsoft Word on Common PC. I was about to ask her to send it back to the ‘idiot who created such a big word file’ when she mentioned that she was the author of the file. It even crashed my T41. Looks like she has to create it all over again.
Went Fitness First to take a bath so that I can freshen up. Been feeling quite sleepy.
[1820] - Badminton with Daxin
Played ‘Cubicle Badminton’ with Daxin. Since Dharmesh wasn’t around, we made use of the extra space available. When I was about to retrieve a shot behind me, my chair hit my desk and my right arm was damn painful for a while. I think I hit the spot where I injured my arm earlier in March. The pain lasted for a minute before vanishing. I hope I can find the correct stretching exercise for my right arm so that I can cure my arm. I suspect that it needs stretching in certain directions. Asked Daxin to come with us for KTV but he didn’t want to.
[2210] - KTV
Was in the lift when I realised that I left the 2 bottles of Long Island Tea behind. I exited at 6th floor before going back for my drinks.
Took MRT to Somerset station. It’s been quite a while since I last took MRT. It was damn crowded. Luckily I don’t have to do this everyday. Almost got off at Dhoby Ghaut accidentally.
My first visit to K-Box Cineleisure. The establishment was having a K-Ice night. If each person order a bottle of K-Ice, then the room charge would be free from 7 pm to 10 pm. We opted for the K-Ice package. The drink itself wasn’t too bad. I would give it 7 out of 10. In the meantime, we also finished the 2 bottles of Long Island Tea though I was the main person consuming it. Practised the 3 songs many times. After Xinhui left, I decided to ‘spy’ on the Filipino colleagues. I spotted them walking past our room. When I walked in, they were already singing the last song.
[2230] - Supper
There are a few hawker stalls at the youth park. I tried the Carrot Cake. It was so-so only.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home