[2005 04 28] - [Thu]
[1100] - Desk
Slept early last night. Got up to watch the 2nd half of Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool. Fucking boring. The goalkeepers were not tested at all. Had yesterday’s pineapple rice and curry for breakfast. Didn’t have much chance to try them yesterday. Was busy consuming the alcohol. Still made it to work today. Also remembered to wear my ring to office. But I think it will come off after a week or so. Decided not to cycle as I don’t want to die in my first day of marriage. Heard ominous sounds of thunder as I left home. Added Daniel Wee’s email to the list of Sys Ops in eJSR system. Had a talk with Siu Ming on how to improve StaffNet further. Wilson has sent me the photos of the ROM. Too bad the movie that he took couldn’t be sent coz it’s too large. May want to drink fruit juice during lunch to clear my system.
[1134] - Desk
Finally found out how to get the tabs from the database. After lots of poking around the Portal MR, found out that it is in the ‘wwpob_page$’ table.
[1201] - Desk
Just showed Daxin the photos. Nobody has noticed my ring yet. Huijuan complained that my blog got not enough details about yesterday. Very tiring you know. Suhyi’s blog got more details. XH started updating her blog after a long absence. C is still updating and going strong. They must be quite free.
[1354] - Desk
Finished the instant Campbell Chicken Soup for lunch. I will leave the better-tasting Mushroom Cheese for future use. Bought Orange juice and Tuna Sandwich as well. Daxin talked about the story of ‘Lost’, an American serial. It’s about how an island in the Pacific is broadcasting winning 4-D numbers. The people who bought the numbers got lucky and the ppl around those lucky ppl died. After a while one fat lucky chap got marooned on that island with other passengers after their plane crashed. I’m wondering who has the creativity to write such a story and Stephen is wondering who has the patience to watch such a serial.
[1540] - Desk
My $300 cheque for TravelSmart claim is finally here. C sent some flash puzzles. Need to find 13 things to get out of the room. Found 12 items. Out of the 12 items, 2 rings, 1 stick, 1 tape and battery will open a box, which shows silhouette dancing and pointing to somewhere on the screen. Needed Daxin’s help to click on somewhere in the wall for the hidden safe to appear. Also led us on a wild goose chase when he said the safe’s number is one of the permutations of 1234. In the end, XH did some googling and found out that searching for some takasugi history will yield 1994 as some start date. So that’s the number that got us out. Have to do feedback document to reply to vendors so that they can answer our queries when they present somewhere in May.
[1730] - Desk
Told Ling about $418+++ per table offer from Furama hotel. But it is only for weddings before Dec 2005. Felt hungry coz I ate very little for lunch. So went to tar pau some more food from Hong Lim. C complain that proxy is down in her blog. That’s coz they all blog too much. Must be more like me. Some guy came to explain to us that the ‘&’ sign can’t be included in XML documents. I think I also didn’t include the escape code in my LMS system. Pai se.
[2305] - Bed
Went to Vienna restaurant for Mark's farewell dinner. This restaurant serves International Seafood buffet for $38 per person. I knew that I won't enjoy this. A good thing that I ate in the afternoon. Larry, Cai Wei & I went there in Ken's BMW. We were the naturally the first to arrive coz I suggested going by Selegie Road to Ken. Wendy also came. It's good to see her again after so long. Talked 'bout old times when I was drunk at Zouk. We all stood up when Mark came with his wife. He looks much more relaxed and cheerful now. Still retained his charisma. Ebiz is like a big family. Seldom see this in other cultures. The buffet was really sumptuous with a capital 'S'. On offer was 'Budhha Jump over Wall' and Shark's fin. Alcoholic cocktails are also provided. More importantly, service is excellent besides being full house. Staff were all very courteous. All of them seem to be from China. Not surprising as I rarely encounter such good service from Singaporeans. Mark fetched me home. On the way, we joked about how I should call him Uncle Mark as he is closer to Daddy & Mummy in age. Saw their house for the first time. Quite close to the bus stop too. Showed Mei the ROM cert when I reached home.
Slept early last night. Got up to watch the 2nd half of Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool. Fucking boring. The goalkeepers were not tested at all. Had yesterday’s pineapple rice and curry for breakfast. Didn’t have much chance to try them yesterday. Was busy consuming the alcohol. Still made it to work today. Also remembered to wear my ring to office. But I think it will come off after a week or so. Decided not to cycle as I don’t want to die in my first day of marriage. Heard ominous sounds of thunder as I left home. Added Daniel Wee’s email to the list of Sys Ops in eJSR system. Had a talk with Siu Ming on how to improve StaffNet further. Wilson has sent me the photos of the ROM. Too bad the movie that he took couldn’t be sent coz it’s too large. May want to drink fruit juice during lunch to clear my system.
[1134] - Desk
Finally found out how to get the tabs from the database. After lots of poking around the Portal MR, found out that it is in the ‘wwpob_page$’ table.
[1201] - Desk
Just showed Daxin the photos. Nobody has noticed my ring yet. Huijuan complained that my blog got not enough details about yesterday. Very tiring you know. Suhyi’s blog got more details. XH started updating her blog after a long absence. C is still updating and going strong. They must be quite free.
[1354] - Desk
Finished the instant Campbell Chicken Soup for lunch. I will leave the better-tasting Mushroom Cheese for future use. Bought Orange juice and Tuna Sandwich as well. Daxin talked about the story of ‘Lost’, an American serial. It’s about how an island in the Pacific is broadcasting winning 4-D numbers. The people who bought the numbers got lucky and the ppl around those lucky ppl died. After a while one fat lucky chap got marooned on that island with other passengers after their plane crashed. I’m wondering who has the creativity to write such a story and Stephen is wondering who has the patience to watch such a serial.
[1540] - Desk
My $300 cheque for TravelSmart claim is finally here. C sent some flash puzzles. Need to find 13 things to get out of the room. Found 12 items. Out of the 12 items, 2 rings, 1 stick, 1 tape and battery will open a box, which shows silhouette dancing and pointing to somewhere on the screen. Needed Daxin’s help to click on somewhere in the wall for the hidden safe to appear. Also led us on a wild goose chase when he said the safe’s number is one of the permutations of 1234. In the end, XH did some googling and found out that searching for some takasugi history will yield 1994 as some start date. So that’s the number that got us out. Have to do feedback document to reply to vendors so that they can answer our queries when they present somewhere in May.
[1730] - Desk
Told Ling about $418+++ per table offer from Furama hotel. But it is only for weddings before Dec 2005. Felt hungry coz I ate very little for lunch. So went to tar pau some more food from Hong Lim. C complain that proxy is down in her blog. That’s coz they all blog too much. Must be more like me. Some guy came to explain to us that the ‘&’ sign can’t be included in XML documents. I think I also didn’t include the escape code in my LMS system. Pai se.
[2305] - Bed
Went to Vienna restaurant for Mark's farewell dinner. This restaurant serves International Seafood buffet for $38 per person. I knew that I won't enjoy this. A good thing that I ate in the afternoon. Larry, Cai Wei & I went there in Ken's BMW. We were the naturally the first to arrive coz I suggested going by Selegie Road to Ken. Wendy also came. It's good to see her again after so long. Talked 'bout old times when I was drunk at Zouk. We all stood up when Mark came with his wife. He looks much more relaxed and cheerful now. Still retained his charisma. Ebiz is like a big family. Seldom see this in other cultures. The buffet was really sumptuous with a capital 'S'. On offer was 'Budhha Jump over Wall' and Shark's fin. Alcoholic cocktails are also provided. More importantly, service is excellent besides being full house. Staff were all very courteous. All of them seem to be from China. Not surprising as I rarely encounter such good service from Singaporeans. Mark fetched me home. On the way, we joked about how I should call him Uncle Mark as he is closer to Daddy & Mummy in age. Saw their house for the first time. Quite close to the bus stop too. Showed Mei the ROM cert when I reached home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home