[2005 09 02] - [Fri]
[0930] - Journey to office
Had Myojo Chicken Pepper noodles for breakfast. Up to now, I still do not like the taste. It tastes like pepper without the fragrance.
Will be skipping lunch & dinner in view of the AAA buffet this afternoon. I must make up for the indulgence yesterday. A good substitute for lunch would be a nice haircut. Should I cut it short or attempt my NUS hairstyle?
Took 970 with my EZ Link card. There's this big 'Planet Fitness' bag together with a trolley at the standing area. Thoughts of London on 7 Jul flashed in my mind. Since no one on the bus sensed anything amiss, the bag owner must still be on the bus. No Arabic-looking man on bus either. The owner turned out to be a 'she'. Chinese. A few years older than me. She got off along Holland Road after turning out from Sixth Avenue. And wated at the bus stop. Probably to 'terrorise' passengers on another bus.
Went jogging at Fitness First. 9-ball match between Nick van den Berg and Francisco Bustamante on TV.
[0935] - Mummy’s SMS
KL relatives will be here this weekend. Mummy has fixed up a lunch appointment for Saturday. Time for my T7 to work again.
[0940] - Unwashed Cups
The small metal glasses were left unwashed from last night drinking session.
[0941] - Fucked up PM
Cindy told me that Daxin’s PM expressed slight irritation at our badminton sessions. He has high expectations of Daxin coz Jenny kept praising him. Looks like our badminton sessions will have to stop. My impression of this PM is now down in the pits.
[0945] - Missing mails from eJSR
Sys Ops are quite serious about the absence of eJSR mails. Suren has raised a PFR for TNS to check the SMTP server. I also did my own investigations. To my surprise. The firewall between 10.1.52.18 and 203.117.169.103 is open. But the EDMSSMTP server doesn’t allow 10.1.52.18 to send mails. I should have checked this much earlier coz last week I assumed that the EDMSSMTP will allow all from the 10.1.52.0 subnet so send. I forgot that I faced similar problems with 10.1.52.17 during the StaffNet 10g migration.
[0955] - HDB Balloting Exercise
As of now, there are 528 applications vying for 348 units in Bukit Merah. I suspect it will go to 1000+ or even 2000+ when 19 Sept comes.
[1010] - Ling’s call
Ling’s call. She was ‘complaining’ that I didn’t return message last night. I also felt guilty. Coz my XDA was in silent mode.
[1025] - StaffNet UAT
Choon Hong suggested that we just need to purchase a Portal server and an MR server coz we can tap on the existing UAT SSO/OID server and its MR. So we can upgrade the Portal server and MR from PCs to Boxes. Sent Stephen the specs taken from LiG 10g migration quotation. We can safely make do with the same configuration as the LiG web-cache server.
[1045] - Missing mails from eJSR (Conclusion)
Alex opened up the SMTP server from 10.1.52.18 and we all lived happily ever after. At least for now.
[1100] - Photos with Serene
Went 14th floor to take photos with Serene. It’s her last day today. There seem to be a recent spate of resignations and they are all female and they are all my friends.
[1110] - Henry Chan
This morning received an email from Henry Chan. He’s actually one of the policyholders who have problem accessing e-connect. I almost forgot about him. He followed my instructions and it still didn’t work. I then sent him a Zone Alarm icon to see if he has installed it. Later on, good news came. He didn’t install Zone Alarm. But econnect worked after he removed some spywares from his PCs. Although I didn’t contribute directly, I still felt a sense of satisfaction.
[1220] - StaffNet Backup
I’ve to come up with some documentation for StaffNet. I’ll do it on a large A3 sized diagram. I’ll draw a box for each server and include documentation for each server within the boxes.
[1248] - Haircut
Went back to Q-Cut at Hong Lim. The effeminate guy is still there. But this time, a lady tended to me. She said the same thing as the effeminate guy the previous time. That for my hairstyle, I should put hair gel, if not I’ll look ‘gong gong’. I decided to cut my fringe, sides and back.
[1405] - Pool
Went to Triumph to play pool. The tables downstairs are all occupied. So for the first time, I went upstairs. There were 2 pool tables and 3 snooker tables. I managed to BP (Break & Pot) 3 balls at 1:20 pm and BP 4 balls at 2:00 pm. Not very good today. But I can see my break improving.
[1408] - Choon Hong & AAA
Siu Ming called as I was leaving the pool place. I couldn’t hear him clearly over the din of traffic. I guess he was trying to ask me to convince Choon Hong to go for the AAA award. Choon Hong had said earlier he would be too busy to go. I feel that he should go as an absence would be interpreted as a snub to the nominators and organisers. I called Choon Hong who is in the server. We also could not hear each other clearly. In the end, I messaged Siu Ming’s handphone number to him.
[1430] - Bathe
Went Hong Lim to draw $50 before going to Fitness First for a bathe. By then, I was persipiring from head to toe. I went to gel my hair up so as not to look ‘gong gong’.
[1431] - Choon Hong & AAA (part 2)
He finally decided to go for an hour. Caught up with work over this Sunday’s LiG downtime. Earlier in the morninng, his TNS colleagues even joked that his absence should warrant a double award as he is a Very Excellent Service Partner.
[1550] - AAA Preparation
Larry was asked to be the photographer for AAA coz Peter Ong is an award recipient himself. He went down with this Pentax. Stephen went down to wait for Peter to pass him the GE Life official camera. I went with my T7. I concentrated a lot on human candid shots. I saw how beautiful humans look when they show their normal expressions.
[1600] - California Fitness
They sent some guys down to demonstrate the BOSU Ball and play wacky games. I'm not particularly interested in it though.
[1710] - AAA
Chairman opened with a speech. This was followed by the CEO's speech. After that, the awards were given. By now, my camera's battery is completely flat. So I went back to my desk for some Vodka and to pack my bag. There was this video of Jimmy's 2 children saying that the want their life to be 'great'.
[1755] - Food
Messaged Tang Seng & Xinhui to come down for food. Only Xinhui came as Tang Seng was busy with something else. This year's food wasn't that remarkable. The chilli and Mee Siam were nice though.
[1803] - Thumbs Up
Choon Hong gave me the 'Thumbs Up' as I left office. I'm really glad he got the award as he deserves it thoroughly.
[2030] - Reached Home
Granny & Mummy thought I was pastor when I opened the gate coz he can come anytime. The contractor has left. Went to take a quick bath and charge the T7’s batteries. Was on the phone with Ling when Pastor came.
[2200] - Pastor Goh & Wife
Their visit was quite heart-warming for reasons I can’t explain. We told them the story of how we began Christians. Starting from the time when Daddy attended an evangelistic rally way back in 1993. Those fucking extremists from Saint Andrews’ Cathedral as well as Church of our Saviour. Lots of those memories begain to flood back as we recalled the fateful day when Daddy was first hospitalised for Schizophrenia in 1994. They actually had the gall to ask Daddy to completely believe in the Lord and to skip his medicine. It’s these people that give Christianity a bad name. Though Jesus would want me to forgive them, my animal instincts will be satisfied only when they burn in hell. Auntie Jenny (Pastor Goh’s wife) told of the story of Pastor Goh’s hospitalisation in 1994. Back then, Pastor Goh was suffering from Pneumonia and was hospitalised. Another pastor told them not to let Pastor Goh go for the operation. Somehow Auntie Jenny felt uncomfortable about not going for operation. God didn’t tell Pastor Goh directly not to go for operation and Auntie Jenny did not receive any message from God. So Pastor Goh went for the operation. In the end, it turned out that the operation saved Pastor Goh’s life. I also recounted the days when I led bible study and worship way back in Sec 2 when I joined the Boys’ Brigade. That time I wasn’t even a Christian. Ironically I did more things for Christ as a non-Christian then when I was a Christian. We began to talk about Ling. They would be very happy if Ling & I could be baptised before our wedding next year. I’ll leave it to God for this. I won’t force anyone to make any decision. Pastor and wife left at 10 pm. The 1.5 hours that they were here felt like an instant. It was refreshing to be revisiting Christ & the Lord and talking about him.
[2230] - Leaking water
There’s some leaking water from the fridge. Earlier in the day, Resti traced it to somewhere within the fridge. We have to monitor it again. And there’s also the case of the leaking water in the built-in cupboard beside the fridge. The contractor suggested we knock a hole at the back of the cupboard to see what actually happens when it rains. It is possible because the back of the cupboard is a very thin layer of wood.
[2240] - Uncle Teck Hui’s wedding anniversary
Simin called just now to ask me to be either the camera man or video-camera man for this Sunday’s wedding anniversary dinner of her parents. I agreed straightaway. I promised to find another person to be whatever I didn’t want to be on Sunday. Zijie’s name came to my mind. Although he doesn’t have experience. I trust his ability to perform things to a minimum standard as we both have the mindset that we want to do well in whatever things we undertake. Zijie also agreed. I even had a ‘out of the box’ idea of going to Uncle Teck Hui’s house to capture the moments where they get into the car.
[2300] - Photos from this afternoon
Copied the photos from the afternoon to the T41 after the batteries were charged. Most of the photos were a gem. I must show them off come Monday. There’s also KL Relatives’ visit and Serene’s chalet tomorrow. Not to mention the anniversary dinner as well as the bowling competition on Monday. I can practise my photography skills again.
[2315] - Alex?
No news from Alex. I think they are pissed drunk now.
[0035] - Good night
Went to see some old photos and videos. Mei came to borrow my laptop to watch some movies. There were none. So she watched the Sichuan version of the Stephen Chow movie on my laptop instead.
Had Myojo Chicken Pepper noodles for breakfast. Up to now, I still do not like the taste. It tastes like pepper without the fragrance.
Will be skipping lunch & dinner in view of the AAA buffet this afternoon. I must make up for the indulgence yesterday. A good substitute for lunch would be a nice haircut. Should I cut it short or attempt my NUS hairstyle?
Took 970 with my EZ Link card. There's this big 'Planet Fitness' bag together with a trolley at the standing area. Thoughts of London on 7 Jul flashed in my mind. Since no one on the bus sensed anything amiss, the bag owner must still be on the bus. No Arabic-looking man on bus either. The owner turned out to be a 'she'. Chinese. A few years older than me. She got off along Holland Road after turning out from Sixth Avenue. And wated at the bus stop. Probably to 'terrorise' passengers on another bus.
Went jogging at Fitness First. 9-ball match between Nick van den Berg and Francisco Bustamante on TV.
[0935] - Mummy’s SMS
KL relatives will be here this weekend. Mummy has fixed up a lunch appointment for Saturday. Time for my T7 to work again.
[0940] - Unwashed Cups
The small metal glasses were left unwashed from last night drinking session.
[0941] - Fucked up PM
Cindy told me that Daxin’s PM expressed slight irritation at our badminton sessions. He has high expectations of Daxin coz Jenny kept praising him. Looks like our badminton sessions will have to stop. My impression of this PM is now down in the pits.
[0945] - Missing mails from eJSR
Sys Ops are quite serious about the absence of eJSR mails. Suren has raised a PFR for TNS to check the SMTP server. I also did my own investigations. To my surprise. The firewall between 10.1.52.18 and 203.117.169.103 is open. But the EDMSSMTP server doesn’t allow 10.1.52.18 to send mails. I should have checked this much earlier coz last week I assumed that the EDMSSMTP will allow all from the 10.1.52.0 subnet so send. I forgot that I faced similar problems with 10.1.52.17 during the StaffNet 10g migration.
[0955] - HDB Balloting Exercise
As of now, there are 528 applications vying for 348 units in Bukit Merah. I suspect it will go to 1000+ or even 2000+ when 19 Sept comes.
[1010] - Ling’s call
Ling’s call. She was ‘complaining’ that I didn’t return message last night. I also felt guilty. Coz my XDA was in silent mode.
[1025] - StaffNet UAT
Choon Hong suggested that we just need to purchase a Portal server and an MR server coz we can tap on the existing UAT SSO/OID server and its MR. So we can upgrade the Portal server and MR from PCs to Boxes. Sent Stephen the specs taken from LiG 10g migration quotation. We can safely make do with the same configuration as the LiG web-cache server.
[1045] - Missing mails from eJSR (Conclusion)
Alex opened up the SMTP server from 10.1.52.18 and we all lived happily ever after. At least for now.
[1100] - Photos with Serene
Went 14th floor to take photos with Serene. It’s her last day today. There seem to be a recent spate of resignations and they are all female and they are all my friends.
[1110] - Henry Chan
This morning received an email from Henry Chan. He’s actually one of the policyholders who have problem accessing e-connect. I almost forgot about him. He followed my instructions and it still didn’t work. I then sent him a Zone Alarm icon to see if he has installed it. Later on, good news came. He didn’t install Zone Alarm. But econnect worked after he removed some spywares from his PCs. Although I didn’t contribute directly, I still felt a sense of satisfaction.
[1220] - StaffNet Backup
I’ve to come up with some documentation for StaffNet. I’ll do it on a large A3 sized diagram. I’ll draw a box for each server and include documentation for each server within the boxes.
[1248] - Haircut
Went back to Q-Cut at Hong Lim. The effeminate guy is still there. But this time, a lady tended to me. She said the same thing as the effeminate guy the previous time. That for my hairstyle, I should put hair gel, if not I’ll look ‘gong gong’. I decided to cut my fringe, sides and back.
[1405] - Pool
Went to Triumph to play pool. The tables downstairs are all occupied. So for the first time, I went upstairs. There were 2 pool tables and 3 snooker tables. I managed to BP (Break & Pot) 3 balls at 1:20 pm and BP 4 balls at 2:00 pm. Not very good today. But I can see my break improving.
[1408] - Choon Hong & AAA
Siu Ming called as I was leaving the pool place. I couldn’t hear him clearly over the din of traffic. I guess he was trying to ask me to convince Choon Hong to go for the AAA award. Choon Hong had said earlier he would be too busy to go. I feel that he should go as an absence would be interpreted as a snub to the nominators and organisers. I called Choon Hong who is in the server. We also could not hear each other clearly. In the end, I messaged Siu Ming’s handphone number to him.
[1430] - Bathe
Went Hong Lim to draw $50 before going to Fitness First for a bathe. By then, I was persipiring from head to toe. I went to gel my hair up so as not to look ‘gong gong’.
[1431] - Choon Hong & AAA (part 2)
He finally decided to go for an hour. Caught up with work over this Sunday’s LiG downtime. Earlier in the morninng, his TNS colleagues even joked that his absence should warrant a double award as he is a Very Excellent Service Partner.
[1550] - AAA Preparation
Larry was asked to be the photographer for AAA coz Peter Ong is an award recipient himself. He went down with this Pentax. Stephen went down to wait for Peter to pass him the GE Life official camera. I went with my T7. I concentrated a lot on human candid shots. I saw how beautiful humans look when they show their normal expressions.
[1600] - California Fitness
They sent some guys down to demonstrate the BOSU Ball and play wacky games. I'm not particularly interested in it though.
[1710] - AAA
Chairman opened with a speech. This was followed by the CEO's speech. After that, the awards were given. By now, my camera's battery is completely flat. So I went back to my desk for some Vodka and to pack my bag. There was this video of Jimmy's 2 children saying that the want their life to be 'great'.
[1755] - Food
Messaged Tang Seng & Xinhui to come down for food. Only Xinhui came as Tang Seng was busy with something else. This year's food wasn't that remarkable. The chilli and Mee Siam were nice though.
[1803] - Thumbs Up
Choon Hong gave me the 'Thumbs Up' as I left office. I'm really glad he got the award as he deserves it thoroughly.
[2030] - Reached Home
Granny & Mummy thought I was pastor when I opened the gate coz he can come anytime. The contractor has left. Went to take a quick bath and charge the T7’s batteries. Was on the phone with Ling when Pastor came.
[2200] - Pastor Goh & Wife
Their visit was quite heart-warming for reasons I can’t explain. We told them the story of how we began Christians. Starting from the time when Daddy attended an evangelistic rally way back in 1993. Those fucking extremists from Saint Andrews’ Cathedral as well as Church of our Saviour. Lots of those memories begain to flood back as we recalled the fateful day when Daddy was first hospitalised for Schizophrenia in 1994. They actually had the gall to ask Daddy to completely believe in the Lord and to skip his medicine. It’s these people that give Christianity a bad name. Though Jesus would want me to forgive them, my animal instincts will be satisfied only when they burn in hell. Auntie Jenny (Pastor Goh’s wife) told of the story of Pastor Goh’s hospitalisation in 1994. Back then, Pastor Goh was suffering from Pneumonia and was hospitalised. Another pastor told them not to let Pastor Goh go for the operation. Somehow Auntie Jenny felt uncomfortable about not going for operation. God didn’t tell Pastor Goh directly not to go for operation and Auntie Jenny did not receive any message from God. So Pastor Goh went for the operation. In the end, it turned out that the operation saved Pastor Goh’s life. I also recounted the days when I led bible study and worship way back in Sec 2 when I joined the Boys’ Brigade. That time I wasn’t even a Christian. Ironically I did more things for Christ as a non-Christian then when I was a Christian. We began to talk about Ling. They would be very happy if Ling & I could be baptised before our wedding next year. I’ll leave it to God for this. I won’t force anyone to make any decision. Pastor and wife left at 10 pm. The 1.5 hours that they were here felt like an instant. It was refreshing to be revisiting Christ & the Lord and talking about him.
[2230] - Leaking water
There’s some leaking water from the fridge. Earlier in the day, Resti traced it to somewhere within the fridge. We have to monitor it again. And there’s also the case of the leaking water in the built-in cupboard beside the fridge. The contractor suggested we knock a hole at the back of the cupboard to see what actually happens when it rains. It is possible because the back of the cupboard is a very thin layer of wood.
[2240] - Uncle Teck Hui’s wedding anniversary
Simin called just now to ask me to be either the camera man or video-camera man for this Sunday’s wedding anniversary dinner of her parents. I agreed straightaway. I promised to find another person to be whatever I didn’t want to be on Sunday. Zijie’s name came to my mind. Although he doesn’t have experience. I trust his ability to perform things to a minimum standard as we both have the mindset that we want to do well in whatever things we undertake. Zijie also agreed. I even had a ‘out of the box’ idea of going to Uncle Teck Hui’s house to capture the moments where they get into the car.
[2300] - Photos from this afternoon
Copied the photos from the afternoon to the T41 after the batteries were charged. Most of the photos were a gem. I must show them off come Monday. There’s also KL Relatives’ visit and Serene’s chalet tomorrow. Not to mention the anniversary dinner as well as the bowling competition on Monday. I can practise my photography skills again.
[2315] - Alex?
No news from Alex. I think they are pissed drunk now.
[0035] - Good night
Went to see some old photos and videos. Mei came to borrow my laptop to watch some movies. There were none. So she watched the Sichuan version of the Stephen Chow movie on my laptop instead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home