[2005 08 13] - [Sat]
[1158] - Bus 170 Home
I certainly looked like an idiot at Popular. A Chinese guy peering over Oh-So-Sweet Malay Romance Novels. At least the Malay salesgirl still looked at me normally. Most of the time, for each time I visit a bank in Malaysia. I learn something new. So I'm not surprised about the RM10k limit at all. Official, we are labelled as '2nd-tier' account holders in Malaysia. But still it might be a blessing in disguise as the cash is still earning a hefty interest at 3% compared to the 0.625% to 1.7% offered by DBS.
LOG
[0010] - Fetched Ling home.
[0730] - Woke up.
[0745] - Read newspapers and did not eat breakfast.
[0805] - Succumbed to the temptation of You Tiao.
[0815] - Got up on 170.
[0900] - Read Chapter 1 of 'Against All Enemies' on 170.
[0918] - Arrived in JB. Took some photos and videos.
[0935] - At Hong Leong Bank. Found out another strange law in Malaysia. We cannot deposit more than RM10,000 a day into an external account. An external account is an account where all the holders are non-Malaysians.
[1015] - Popular bookshop is still closed.
[1030] - Had breakfast at MacDonald's. A group of Malay youths were celebrating something. I took some videos. One Chinese girl with another guy stared at me as if I am a serial killer.
[1035] - Messaged Mummy about the latest Malaysian Banking Law lesson.
[1055] - Alex called about soccer at Repubic Poly. Can't join him today.
[1100] - Popular bookstore finally opened. Tried to buy the 2 books for Resti. But I only managed to get one of them.
[1120] - Took some photos & videos at JB Railway Station.
[1145] - Got some Immigration Cards at Woodlands Checkpoint.
[1155] - Got up 170 at Woodlands Checkpoint.
[1230] - Reached home. Mummy, Granny and Resti have gone out for lunch. Mei went for King’s Kids.
[1255] - Explained to Mummy what happened at the bank. She didn’t receive the SMS.
[1340] - Arrive at Ling’s place.
[1400] - Showed Ling the photos I took yesterday.
[1445] - There’s a Malay family on Ling’s floor celebrating some kid’s birthday. The lift lobby has been turned into a mini-buffet area.
[1500] - We go downstairs for Chicken Rice.
[1700] - Went Wisma and Taka to do some shopping. Ling bought a handbag and a pair of shoes.
[1755] - The Queensway Underpass is finally open for traffic.
[1800] - We reach Ling’s Home.
[1900] - Went jogging with Ling around Tanglin Halt.
[1915] - We Tar Pau Wan Ton Mee for Ling’s Mum, Fried Oyster for Ling and Fried Rice for Me.
[2000] - Watched the last episode of the 7 pm show.
[2100] - Stella just messaged. She just came back from Denmark.
[2300] - Watched the last episode of Tian Long Ba Bu. From next week, it is She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan. Another classic by Jin Yong.
[2330] - Watched Wei Xiao Bao with Ling.
I certainly looked like an idiot at Popular. A Chinese guy peering over Oh-So-Sweet Malay Romance Novels. At least the Malay salesgirl still looked at me normally. Most of the time, for each time I visit a bank in Malaysia. I learn something new. So I'm not surprised about the RM10k limit at all. Official, we are labelled as '2nd-tier' account holders in Malaysia. But still it might be a blessing in disguise as the cash is still earning a hefty interest at 3% compared to the 0.625% to 1.7% offered by DBS.
LOG
[0010] - Fetched Ling home.
[0730] - Woke up.
[0745] - Read newspapers and did not eat breakfast.
[0805] - Succumbed to the temptation of You Tiao.
[0815] - Got up on 170.
[0900] - Read Chapter 1 of 'Against All Enemies' on 170.
[0918] - Arrived in JB. Took some photos and videos.
[0935] - At Hong Leong Bank. Found out another strange law in Malaysia. We cannot deposit more than RM10,000 a day into an external account. An external account is an account where all the holders are non-Malaysians.
[1015] - Popular bookshop is still closed.
[1030] - Had breakfast at MacDonald's. A group of Malay youths were celebrating something. I took some videos. One Chinese girl with another guy stared at me as if I am a serial killer.
[1035] - Messaged Mummy about the latest Malaysian Banking Law lesson.
[1055] - Alex called about soccer at Repubic Poly. Can't join him today.
[1100] - Popular bookstore finally opened. Tried to buy the 2 books for Resti. But I only managed to get one of them.
[1120] - Took some photos & videos at JB Railway Station.
[1145] - Got some Immigration Cards at Woodlands Checkpoint.
[1155] - Got up 170 at Woodlands Checkpoint.
[1230] - Reached home. Mummy, Granny and Resti have gone out for lunch. Mei went for King’s Kids.
[1255] - Explained to Mummy what happened at the bank. She didn’t receive the SMS.
[1340] - Arrive at Ling’s place.
[1400] - Showed Ling the photos I took yesterday.
[1445] - There’s a Malay family on Ling’s floor celebrating some kid’s birthday. The lift lobby has been turned into a mini-buffet area.
[1500] - We go downstairs for Chicken Rice.
[1700] - Went Wisma and Taka to do some shopping. Ling bought a handbag and a pair of shoes.
[1755] - The Queensway Underpass is finally open for traffic.
[1800] - We reach Ling’s Home.
[1900] - Went jogging with Ling around Tanglin Halt.
[1915] - We Tar Pau Wan Ton Mee for Ling’s Mum, Fried Oyster for Ling and Fried Rice for Me.
[2000] - Watched the last episode of the 7 pm show.
[2100] - Stella just messaged. She just came back from Denmark.
[2300] - Watched the last episode of Tian Long Ba Bu. From next week, it is She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan. Another classic by Jin Yong.
[2330] - Watched Wei Xiao Bao with Ling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home