[2005 06 24] - [Fri]
[1130] - Office
Morning
Woke up earlier at 6:45 am. Mummy had already asked Resti to prepare my Maggi Mee breakfast. We’ll be visiting Daddy at the High Dependency Unit later. Gotta leave house by 7:15 am.
Hospital
Went to Daddy’s old ward to retrieve his belongings first. When we reached the HDW, we were turned away because the staff are changing shift and they are administering injections and medicines, doing their daily report. So Mummy and I had to leave and come back later in the day.
Fitness First
Forced myself to swim despite my flu. I needed some exercise. Maybe the ‘poison kill poison’ theory helps. Just like the Indian Curry didn’t have adverse effects on my throat inflammation. In fact, it is cured now.
Office
Tang Seng stayed up until 2 am to clear the Birthday Greeting mess. Really appreciate it. Also tested out Tang Seng’s method of configuring Virtual Hosts for Netscape Web Server. It works on 10.1.21.13. Choon Hong will move it to production. As for the heap size issue. Didn’t know there are minimum and maximum parameters. Luckliy Daxin confirmed it. I told Choon Hong and Anil to set it at 256M minimum and 512M maximum. The eConnect page isn’t showing even after the members have logged in. It turned out that the ‘Source=ecconect’ was missing after the revamp. After that, finally got some time to do some Tech Watch stuff. Did research on Bluetooth on the web. Didn’t know that Bluetooth was named after a Danish king who unified Denmark and Norway. The original aim of bluetooth was to unify the telco and computing industries. Bluetooth also uses frequency hopping. That means there are no fixed frequencies. Daxin got invited to an EMAS function next Friday. That is also the day we have our team-building. Going to meet Keith, Serene and Zijie for pool / lunch. KT praised me in email today. Feel so happy.
Ling
Ling very sweet to me today. She is also quite concerned about Daddy. It is only during bad times where the best of a person can be brought out.
[1745] - Office
Lunch/Pool
Met Zijie for lunch/pool at Triumph Billiards Centre. Supposed to play pool there with Keith and Serene too. They brought another Marketing gal. I think her name is Christina. We opened 2 tables as I don’t like to wait for my turn. Ordered the Fried Rice while Zijie ordered the Hor Fun. Zijie thrashed me at pool today. Christina entertained herself at the arcade machine. We saw some pictures of the Singapore SEA games snooker team. There’s this photo of Alex Puan and Keith E. Actually the whole pool place belongs to Alex Puan’s parents. Wow. This is like those inconspicuous places that churns out champions.
Work
Did some more research on Bluetooth. But it’s getting nowhere. Most of the articles are too old. There was this article talking about the cellphone industry and PDA industry waiting for each other to adopt Bluetooth first. This was written in 2002. On a brighter note, although not so bright also, I followed-up with Aiker on the quote from Frontline. He told me to delete Firium’s numbers and logo from Firium’s quotation and send it to Frontline to fill in the blanks. Frontline’s account manager with GE has also changed. So I need to get the new person’s contact. On top of that, Aiker is going to Chongqing next week. So he has assigned Anil to work with me on this.
Daddy
Went out of office to see him. His eyes are still closed. But temperature has gone down to 37 degrees. He could respond ‘Yes’ when I called him and ‘OK’ when I said I was leaving. There are lots of wires around and there’s this screen with green text that has lots of graphs and numbers. I wish I can understand them. The nurses here are younger and prettier though. Maybe it can speed up recovery. There was also this vehicle from the Chinese Embassy. So the Mount E staff reserved a lift specially for the 3 persons that came from the embassy. 1 lady and 2 guys. The lady is holding the flowers, probably the most important person.
End of work week
Just bathed at FF and the receptionist said that she has not seen me in a while. Told her that I wasn’t feeling well. It’s been a hell of a week. But I’m not complaining as there are good things that come out of it. Alex and Val are meeting me after IT night to help me de-stress. There was help from everywhere. Mummy will be sending me to IT night while Daxin is following Eng Yeow.
Morning
Woke up earlier at 6:45 am. Mummy had already asked Resti to prepare my Maggi Mee breakfast. We’ll be visiting Daddy at the High Dependency Unit later. Gotta leave house by 7:15 am.
Hospital
Went to Daddy’s old ward to retrieve his belongings first. When we reached the HDW, we were turned away because the staff are changing shift and they are administering injections and medicines, doing their daily report. So Mummy and I had to leave and come back later in the day.
Fitness First
Forced myself to swim despite my flu. I needed some exercise. Maybe the ‘poison kill poison’ theory helps. Just like the Indian Curry didn’t have adverse effects on my throat inflammation. In fact, it is cured now.
Office
Tang Seng stayed up until 2 am to clear the Birthday Greeting mess. Really appreciate it. Also tested out Tang Seng’s method of configuring Virtual Hosts for Netscape Web Server. It works on 10.1.21.13. Choon Hong will move it to production. As for the heap size issue. Didn’t know there are minimum and maximum parameters. Luckliy Daxin confirmed it. I told Choon Hong and Anil to set it at 256M minimum and 512M maximum. The eConnect page isn’t showing even after the members have logged in. It turned out that the ‘Source=ecconect’ was missing after the revamp. After that, finally got some time to do some Tech Watch stuff. Did research on Bluetooth on the web. Didn’t know that Bluetooth was named after a Danish king who unified Denmark and Norway. The original aim of bluetooth was to unify the telco and computing industries. Bluetooth also uses frequency hopping. That means there are no fixed frequencies. Daxin got invited to an EMAS function next Friday. That is also the day we have our team-building. Going to meet Keith, Serene and Zijie for pool / lunch. KT praised me in email today. Feel so happy.
Ling
Ling very sweet to me today. She is also quite concerned about Daddy. It is only during bad times where the best of a person can be brought out.
[1745] - Office
Lunch/Pool
Met Zijie for lunch/pool at Triumph Billiards Centre. Supposed to play pool there with Keith and Serene too. They brought another Marketing gal. I think her name is Christina. We opened 2 tables as I don’t like to wait for my turn. Ordered the Fried Rice while Zijie ordered the Hor Fun. Zijie thrashed me at pool today. Christina entertained herself at the arcade machine. We saw some pictures of the Singapore SEA games snooker team. There’s this photo of Alex Puan and Keith E. Actually the whole pool place belongs to Alex Puan’s parents. Wow. This is like those inconspicuous places that churns out champions.
Work
Did some more research on Bluetooth. But it’s getting nowhere. Most of the articles are too old. There was this article talking about the cellphone industry and PDA industry waiting for each other to adopt Bluetooth first. This was written in 2002. On a brighter note, although not so bright also, I followed-up with Aiker on the quote from Frontline. He told me to delete Firium’s numbers and logo from Firium’s quotation and send it to Frontline to fill in the blanks. Frontline’s account manager with GE has also changed. So I need to get the new person’s contact. On top of that, Aiker is going to Chongqing next week. So he has assigned Anil to work with me on this.
Daddy
Went out of office to see him. His eyes are still closed. But temperature has gone down to 37 degrees. He could respond ‘Yes’ when I called him and ‘OK’ when I said I was leaving. There are lots of wires around and there’s this screen with green text that has lots of graphs and numbers. I wish I can understand them. The nurses here are younger and prettier though. Maybe it can speed up recovery. There was also this vehicle from the Chinese Embassy. So the Mount E staff reserved a lift specially for the 3 persons that came from the embassy. 1 lady and 2 guys. The lady is holding the flowers, probably the most important person.
End of work week
Just bathed at FF and the receptionist said that she has not seen me in a while. Told her that I wasn’t feeling well. It’s been a hell of a week. But I’m not complaining as there are good things that come out of it. Alex and Val are meeting me after IT night to help me de-stress. There was help from everywhere. Mummy will be sending me to IT night while Daxin is following Eng Yeow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home