[2005 06 23] - [Thu]
[0640] - Home
Got woken up by my alarm clock. Mummy said that she will book the badminton court for 7 Jul later. She's going down with Mei to visit Daddy this morning.
[0645] - Home
My throat now feels a little uncomfortable. Is it because of the dinner last night or that the virus has moved to my throat?
[0715] - Home
Throat felt better after drinking hot water.
[0745] - Bus 174, Farrer Road
Mummy just called me to ask me to go down AA to book the badminton court. That means I'll have to change to 54 at Marriott Hotel.
[0755] - Bus 174, Holland Road
A check with livescore.com confirmed that Japan drew 2-2 with Brazil. Yeo is spot-on and my gut feel is right again. Wonder if they bet on it last night.
[0830] - AA
I'm their first 'customer' today. There are only 3 staff here. Hopefully, they can let me book the badminton court on Daddy's behalf.
[0831] - AA
2nd customer arrives to pay road tax and renew insurance.
[0840] - Secured the booking! The counter staff only asked whose card is that. After I replied 'My Father', she didn't question further. Booking was $10.50 for the 2 hours. Not sure how the price compares to other badminton courts.
[0900] - Office
It’s confirmed. Kit didn’t bet on the Japan - Brazil. What a waste.
[0922] - Office
Cai Wei just called. The requirements of ‘Will Template’ have been changed again. This time, the user wants pdf to be generated instead of writing to the database. Daxin suggested looking into iText libraries for those automated html to pdf generation. If that’s the case, it is easier to use my existing eCargo codes to do it. But overall it's a bitch to do pdf generation.
[0944] - Office
Mummy just messaged that Daddy is better and clearer. He’s able to answer 1 or 2 words and he even ate some breakfast.
[0945] - Office
Raised RSA to deploy the ‘Restart iPlanet’ Cron Job from 10.1.21.13 to 10.1.11.11.
[1015] - Office
Went up to 14th floor to settle the ‘Will Template’ once and for all. Hiu Phui is finally back. I came to know that she was on MC the previous 2 days because of her wisdom tooth. Cai Wei and Stephen talked briefly on the phone about LiG. I saw that the Will Template even had a diagonal watermark that said ‘Not for Muslims’. I will need R & D for this. Can’t promise them. Gabriel is the user for this. He said that he ‘got no requirements’. Just that it needs to be printable as a valid will. This actually means pdf. So Hiu Phui corrected him and said that his ‘requirement is pdf’.
[1030] - Office
Xinhui sent some Dr Phil’s test. She got 41 while I got 39. Anything above 60 means domineering. Anything below 20 means meek as a mouse. So we are normal. According to the test.
[1100] - Office
At Choon Hong’s desk now. Helping him to configure redirect www.greateasternlife.com.cn to www.lifeisgreat.com.cn. This requires working with the Netscape Web Server Admin module. This is another bitch. We actually saw 3 fucking re-directs for index.html to different documents. How can this be possible? When we clicked ‘Edit’ on one of the re-directs, it shows a totally different thing. In the end, I proposed a work-around. I would create an indexcn.html. This file will then have a meta tag to redirect to www.lifeisgreat.com.cn, thus circumnavigating the damned Netscape Web Server.
[1101] - Office
Stephen called Choon Hong’s desk to look for me. Told me to send important correspondence to his yahoo account.
[1115] - Office
Back at my desk. Yun Cheng sent an email asking for the status of the FPMS-Econnect-SSO development. Dharmesh and I reported to Yun Cheng that the designing is done but development is not completed because there is some overlap in the FPMS timeline. In the timeline, design is supposed to end on 20 Jun. But development is scheduled to start on 16 Jun. So we pushed the development to start on 21 Jun and the completion date was pushed from 23 Jun to 28 Jun.
[1130] - Office
Granny called to ask about Daddy. Don’t think I got the time to visit Daddy today. Maybe after work.
[1140] - Office
I think I will just buy Indian Curry for lunch. This may cure my cough and flu. Using poison to combat poison.
[1141] - Office
Phil’s Test. Ling got 43. She’s actually more ‘domineering’ than me? Alex got 38 so does that mean he is meeker as a mouse than me? Hahahahaha. Val got 46. Yeo got 49.
[1330] - Office
Bought Indian Curry for lunch. Hopefully the ‘poison’ will fight the ‘poison’ in my body. Serene and Keith from Marketing joined us for lunch today. From what Keith says, he has a driving style similar to mine. He drives a Silver Civic Vti-S manual. Which is similar to Mummy’s car too. Will be playing pool with him and Serene during lunch tomorrow.
[1335] - Office
Other facts. Keith used to be from NTU Bizad. He had a 3-yr direct honours degree. Serene was from NUS Arts. She majored in English and Literature. She even did English for her honours. Wow!
[1500] - Office
The darned birthday egreeting have problems. Somehow there’s an ‘Invalid Option : 7’ coming up. Causing the birthday greeting job to stall last week. It hasn’t been resurrected since. I’ve since re-started the job and I’ll have to monitor it tomorrow. This week is a real celebration of Murphy’s law.
[1515] - Office
Choon Hong and Anil were trying to increase the java virtual machine heap size for iPlanet. As usual, I wasn’t able to help them as iPlanet has so many darned places where the heap size is set. The trick is to find the right place. Based on events during this week, we will most likely end up crashing the server. So I better ask Tang Seng tonight.
[1530] - Office
Dharmesh tried to use the SSO API to access Brent’s AACM. But their classes are all compatible with Java 1.4, whereas iPlanet is on 1.2. So it is another email to Brent from Dharmesh.
[1535] - Office
Yvonne’s side wanted to deploy some application called ‘Three in One’ on StaffNet. Trouble is, they wanted to use AACM. StaffNet doesn’t have a ‘Development AACM’. So what’s the solution? They will use Dicky’s AACM, which is actually accesses the external OID, for SIT before moving over to StaffNet production and use the production AACM.
[1545] - Office
Cindy came over to use my phone coz her own phone has been used by other people for testing. She wanted to ask Joanne whether the Vegetarian food for Team-Building has Eggs! Coz some of the people put ‘Vegetarian without Eggs’ in the dietary preferences. There are also those who put ‘No Beef’. One joker even put ‘Vegetarian on Saturdays’. Does anyone require breast-feeding as well? I think we should just give everyone peanut porridge for the 2 fucking days at Changi Village Hotel.
[1600] - Office
Brought the Corporate Community Games players’ particulars form to Siu Ming. Realised that I’m the only Team Captain in Great Eastern to have submitted the official form to Siu Ming. He says I’m the most pro-active captain and I was rewarded with some Borders voucher, which he owed me for an earlier contest anyway. The rest of the teams only supplied some bio-data whereas the offical form required signatures.
[1640] - Office
Sent the rooming arrangements to Joanne Soh. She seem a bit blur when I talked to her leh. I hope that we don’t get sent to the wrong hotel for the team-building.
[1700] - Office
Did many things in office today. But somehow don’t have a sense of achievement. I didn’t even manage to continue with either the DBLMS or the Will Template system.
[1705] - Office
After a flurry of emails, Alex and Val will be meeting me tomorrow after IT Night. Hopefully I can end this ridiculous week with a drink or 2.
[1900] - Mount Elizabeth Hospital
Daddy's condition is still the same. No difference from last night. In fact, he appeared weaker. Coz the nurse just used equipment to suck out the phlegm. It looked more like mud than phlegm. Even the nurse said that it looked terrible. So it must be really bad. The nurse is sending it for testing. Uncle Teck Seng and Uncle Teck Beng both came to visit. Uncle Teck Seng told us to approach him if we need any help.
[1915] - Mount Elizabeth Hospital
Sihui is pregnant. Due end of the year. So Uncle Teck Beng is going to be a grandfather soon. Siqi is still in London. Told them about my wedding plan being changed to June next year. It is so ironic because originally, both Siyong and me wanted the last week of April. In the end, Siyong took January and I took June. Uncle Teck Beng said that Sihui will be back in time for my wedding too. Another plus.
[2000] - AA
David Tay joined us for badminton today. Zijie and Uncle Teck Ee also came along. So there are 5 of us including Mummy.
[2130] - Coronation Plaza
Stopped over so that Mummy can do some shopping at NTUC. Zijie left his bluetooth adapter at the badminton court. I took it. Think I'll pass it to him tomorrow as he works quite near at the treasury building.
[2215] - Home
Had a bottle of Hoegaarden. Drank for the first time since last Friday night. beer was offered by Mummy. So I didn't feel that guilty. Mei and Mummy hijacked some of it.
[2230] - Home
Watched a bit of 'Lost' with Mei. But I didn't really like the show. The story is draggy. Maybe because Daxin told me that by the end of Season 1, the people are still stuck on the island.
[2245] - Home
Bathed and prepared to sleep. Going to visit Daddy early morning tomorrow. Felt some chest pains during bathing. But it may be related to posture.
[2355] - Home
Mummy just told me that Daddy has been moved to High Dependency Unit. He will be transferred to a lung specialist.
Got woken up by my alarm clock. Mummy said that she will book the badminton court for 7 Jul later. She's going down with Mei to visit Daddy this morning.
[0645] - Home
My throat now feels a little uncomfortable. Is it because of the dinner last night or that the virus has moved to my throat?
[0715] - Home
Throat felt better after drinking hot water.
[0745] - Bus 174, Farrer Road
Mummy just called me to ask me to go down AA to book the badminton court. That means I'll have to change to 54 at Marriott Hotel.
[0755] - Bus 174, Holland Road
A check with livescore.com confirmed that Japan drew 2-2 with Brazil. Yeo is spot-on and my gut feel is right again. Wonder if they bet on it last night.
[0830] - AA
I'm their first 'customer' today. There are only 3 staff here. Hopefully, they can let me book the badminton court on Daddy's behalf.
[0831] - AA
2nd customer arrives to pay road tax and renew insurance.
[0840] - Secured the booking! The counter staff only asked whose card is that. After I replied 'My Father', she didn't question further. Booking was $10.50 for the 2 hours. Not sure how the price compares to other badminton courts.
[0900] - Office
It’s confirmed. Kit didn’t bet on the Japan - Brazil. What a waste.
[0922] - Office
Cai Wei just called. The requirements of ‘Will Template’ have been changed again. This time, the user wants pdf to be generated instead of writing to the database. Daxin suggested looking into iText libraries for those automated html to pdf generation. If that’s the case, it is easier to use my existing eCargo codes to do it. But overall it's a bitch to do pdf generation.
[0944] - Office
Mummy just messaged that Daddy is better and clearer. He’s able to answer 1 or 2 words and he even ate some breakfast.
[0945] - Office
Raised RSA to deploy the ‘Restart iPlanet’ Cron Job from 10.1.21.13 to 10.1.11.11.
[1015] - Office
Went up to 14th floor to settle the ‘Will Template’ once and for all. Hiu Phui is finally back. I came to know that she was on MC the previous 2 days because of her wisdom tooth. Cai Wei and Stephen talked briefly on the phone about LiG. I saw that the Will Template even had a diagonal watermark that said ‘Not for Muslims’. I will need R & D for this. Can’t promise them. Gabriel is the user for this. He said that he ‘got no requirements’. Just that it needs to be printable as a valid will. This actually means pdf. So Hiu Phui corrected him and said that his ‘requirement is pdf’.
[1030] - Office
Xinhui sent some Dr Phil’s test. She got 41 while I got 39. Anything above 60 means domineering. Anything below 20 means meek as a mouse. So we are normal. According to the test.
[1100] - Office
At Choon Hong’s desk now. Helping him to configure redirect www.greateasternlife.com.cn to www.lifeisgreat.com.cn. This requires working with the Netscape Web Server Admin module. This is another bitch. We actually saw 3 fucking re-directs for index.html to different documents. How can this be possible? When we clicked ‘Edit’ on one of the re-directs, it shows a totally different thing. In the end, I proposed a work-around. I would create an indexcn.html. This file will then have a meta tag to redirect to www.lifeisgreat.com.cn, thus circumnavigating the damned Netscape Web Server.
[1101] - Office
Stephen called Choon Hong’s desk to look for me. Told me to send important correspondence to his yahoo account.
[1115] - Office
Back at my desk. Yun Cheng sent an email asking for the status of the FPMS-Econnect-SSO development. Dharmesh and I reported to Yun Cheng that the designing is done but development is not completed because there is some overlap in the FPMS timeline. In the timeline, design is supposed to end on 20 Jun. But development is scheduled to start on 16 Jun. So we pushed the development to start on 21 Jun and the completion date was pushed from 23 Jun to 28 Jun.
[1130] - Office
Granny called to ask about Daddy. Don’t think I got the time to visit Daddy today. Maybe after work.
[1140] - Office
I think I will just buy Indian Curry for lunch. This may cure my cough and flu. Using poison to combat poison.
[1141] - Office
Phil’s Test. Ling got 43. She’s actually more ‘domineering’ than me? Alex got 38 so does that mean he is meeker as a mouse than me? Hahahahaha. Val got 46. Yeo got 49.
[1330] - Office
Bought Indian Curry for lunch. Hopefully the ‘poison’ will fight the ‘poison’ in my body. Serene and Keith from Marketing joined us for lunch today. From what Keith says, he has a driving style similar to mine. He drives a Silver Civic Vti-S manual. Which is similar to Mummy’s car too. Will be playing pool with him and Serene during lunch tomorrow.
[1335] - Office
Other facts. Keith used to be from NTU Bizad. He had a 3-yr direct honours degree. Serene was from NUS Arts. She majored in English and Literature. She even did English for her honours. Wow!
[1500] - Office
The darned birthday egreeting have problems. Somehow there’s an ‘Invalid Option : 7’ coming up. Causing the birthday greeting job to stall last week. It hasn’t been resurrected since. I’ve since re-started the job and I’ll have to monitor it tomorrow. This week is a real celebration of Murphy’s law.
[1515] - Office
Choon Hong and Anil were trying to increase the java virtual machine heap size for iPlanet. As usual, I wasn’t able to help them as iPlanet has so many darned places where the heap size is set. The trick is to find the right place. Based on events during this week, we will most likely end up crashing the server. So I better ask Tang Seng tonight.
[1530] - Office
Dharmesh tried to use the SSO API to access Brent’s AACM. But their classes are all compatible with Java 1.4, whereas iPlanet is on 1.2. So it is another email to Brent from Dharmesh.
[1535] - Office
Yvonne’s side wanted to deploy some application called ‘Three in One’ on StaffNet. Trouble is, they wanted to use AACM. StaffNet doesn’t have a ‘Development AACM’. So what’s the solution? They will use Dicky’s AACM, which is actually accesses the external OID, for SIT before moving over to StaffNet production and use the production AACM.
[1545] - Office
Cindy came over to use my phone coz her own phone has been used by other people for testing. She wanted to ask Joanne whether the Vegetarian food for Team-Building has Eggs! Coz some of the people put ‘Vegetarian without Eggs’ in the dietary preferences. There are also those who put ‘No Beef’. One joker even put ‘Vegetarian on Saturdays’. Does anyone require breast-feeding as well? I think we should just give everyone peanut porridge for the 2 fucking days at Changi Village Hotel.
[1600] - Office
Brought the Corporate Community Games players’ particulars form to Siu Ming. Realised that I’m the only Team Captain in Great Eastern to have submitted the official form to Siu Ming. He says I’m the most pro-active captain and I was rewarded with some Borders voucher, which he owed me for an earlier contest anyway. The rest of the teams only supplied some bio-data whereas the offical form required signatures.
[1640] - Office
Sent the rooming arrangements to Joanne Soh. She seem a bit blur when I talked to her leh. I hope that we don’t get sent to the wrong hotel for the team-building.
[1700] - Office
Did many things in office today. But somehow don’t have a sense of achievement. I didn’t even manage to continue with either the DBLMS or the Will Template system.
[1705] - Office
After a flurry of emails, Alex and Val will be meeting me tomorrow after IT Night. Hopefully I can end this ridiculous week with a drink or 2.
[1900] - Mount Elizabeth Hospital
Daddy's condition is still the same. No difference from last night. In fact, he appeared weaker. Coz the nurse just used equipment to suck out the phlegm. It looked more like mud than phlegm. Even the nurse said that it looked terrible. So it must be really bad. The nurse is sending it for testing. Uncle Teck Seng and Uncle Teck Beng both came to visit. Uncle Teck Seng told us to approach him if we need any help.
[1915] - Mount Elizabeth Hospital
Sihui is pregnant. Due end of the year. So Uncle Teck Beng is going to be a grandfather soon. Siqi is still in London. Told them about my wedding plan being changed to June next year. It is so ironic because originally, both Siyong and me wanted the last week of April. In the end, Siyong took January and I took June. Uncle Teck Beng said that Sihui will be back in time for my wedding too. Another plus.
[2000] - AA
David Tay joined us for badminton today. Zijie and Uncle Teck Ee also came along. So there are 5 of us including Mummy.
[2130] - Coronation Plaza
Stopped over so that Mummy can do some shopping at NTUC. Zijie left his bluetooth adapter at the badminton court. I took it. Think I'll pass it to him tomorrow as he works quite near at the treasury building.
[2215] - Home
Had a bottle of Hoegaarden. Drank for the first time since last Friday night. beer was offered by Mummy. So I didn't feel that guilty. Mei and Mummy hijacked some of it.
[2230] - Home
Watched a bit of 'Lost' with Mei. But I didn't really like the show. The story is draggy. Maybe because Daxin told me that by the end of Season 1, the people are still stuck on the island.
[2245] - Home
Bathed and prepared to sleep. Going to visit Daddy early morning tomorrow. Felt some chest pains during bathing. But it may be related to posture.
[2355] - Home
Mummy just told me that Daddy has been moved to High Dependency Unit. He will be transferred to a lung specialist.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home