Monday, August 29, 2005

[2005 08 29] - [Mon]

[0920] - Cycling
Woke up to see Resti going out to buy Bee Hoon for me. Mummy bought some belachan back from Malacca. Granny is thinking of giving it to Uncle Teck Seng as she seldom cook curry now.
Cycled to work today. It’s been many weeks since I last cycled to work. Stopped at the Shell Station near Eng Neo Avenue to pump air. I reached office at 8:45 am. 45 minutes after I left home. Still faster than bus. If I discount the 5 minutes spent at the Shell Station, it would be 40 minutes.
Wanted to swim or jog at Fitness First, but as it was late, I ended up only bathing.
[1200] - Morning
Met Siu Ming, Hui Ching (not sure of spelling), Wui Bin & Stephen about the StaffNet-FPMS linkage. FPMS actually has their own UAT OID and they want to integrate it with StaffNet PoC. I see some potential problems as it would be a bitch to point StaffNet PoC to the FPMS UAT OID. It is easier for FPMS Uat to point it to sso.ge.net. But this will have other problems as they also wanted FPMS to achieve SSO effect with DCMS. We promised them to get back to them after consulting Boon Choon and his EA Team and the instructions on how to configure FPMS as a partner application. Seriously, what I feel is that Boon Choon will either ask StaffNet PoC to use the UAT SSO/OID or shake his head and not make a decision.
It’s Elaine’s last day today. She sent email asking me to grant Charmaine Lim (her replacement) access to update the TGT tab.
[1400] - Pool
Met Zijie for pool. I started on my own first as Zijie is held up at work. We took some videos of each other playing pool. This time I improved slightly as I lost 4-3. Tried to keep my pool cue down after every shot. Both of us ordered Maggi Mee as the menu is heavily restricted today. Normal items like Hor Fun and Fried Rice are not available.
Went to Fitness First to bathe before going back to office.
[1535] - Afternoon
The image of the egreeting fail to load. Another product of the idiosyncracies of iPlanet. We had to rename the image file twice before iplanet could find that image.
Stephen and Tang Seng are transfering Andy’s harddisk from the R2 server to Dharmesh’s old PC. Andy will need to clear out unwanted stuff before transfering the rest to his laptop. The R2 server is quite condemned now. Time for a re-install.
Joycelyn wanted to find out who voted what for the Service Class poll. We can only go through the HTTP Access Logs to get this info. I went to tweak the Poll Portlet so that IP Addresses and Time Stamps can be captured. In future we will be more prepared for requests like this.
Mummy emailed, she will be going to Toa Payoh for buffet before going down to badminton. I told her I’ll be cycling there.
Xinhui and Chris went to enquire at Fitness First today about the membership. They got the same offer as me.
[1645] - Service Week T-shirts
Went to 13th floor to collect the Service Week T-shirts. I went there 15 minutes earlier to collect so there won’t be a crowd there. It’s a yucky shitty green colour and I even had to encourage my colleagues to wear it. Exchanged phone numbers with Genevieve. Yew Chian and Sharon are having a little difficulty breathing in the L sized t-shirts. There’s also a new staff in ITQA called Marcel. I gave him mine very readily. The result is an email to Joycelyn asking for extra t-shirts. Later Sharon said that she’s okay with L. Andy & I helped Cindy with her Service Week T-shirts. Cindy asked for help by coming to our desk and asking if there’s any guy around. Daxin immediately went to drink water. I pyscho-ed Andy to come along by asking him to do more good deeds, so that his hard disk won’t crash so easily.
[2030] - Ling’s Eye + Badminton
Ling called me about the eye. It’s slightly swollen at the lower eyelid. Until now, I still do not know what is it. Quite concerned about it. I’ll call her after badminton.
Cycled to Badminton while intoxicated. By the time I reached the court, I’m awake already. My form not very good today. A lot of hits on my rim.
[2330] - Night + Supper
Cycled home from badminton. It’s been a while since I cycled. So I felt extra tired. Gave Ling a call again about her eye. Her mother describe it as Bak Zam. I remember way back in Primary 3, I had a much more serious case of the swelling. Daddy brought me to Granny’s eye doctor for an operation to remove it.
Went Fong Seng to eat Nasi Lemak before packeting Maggi Goreng home. Mei was watching American Top Model when I got home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home