[2005 07 13] - [Wed]
[1250] - Mt Vernon Parlour 1
The last few days have been very difficult and busy. But at least the lack of idle time kept the sadness away.
Last moments
I brought Granny and Resti over to see Daddy for the last time.
Good Bye Daddy
Daddy went off peacefully at 4:47 pm on Sunday. We switched off the life-support system at around 4:20 pm. It hurts to see the heart-rate monitor drop from around 60 to 0. I didn’t stop crying at all during the half-hour. At least there were lots of Uncles and Aunties to send him off. Pastor then came and pray for him.
The Night
I got Ling to come over and spend the night with me. I did not know how to spend the night without her around.
The first day
Went to the Mortuary to identify Daddy’s body. The stupid tube is still in his mouth. The coroner decided to do a post-mortem. So we can only collect his body at 2 pm. During the lull, we went to DBS @ SGH. I applied for a Debit card to my new account. Mummy also created an account and transferred money to it. We then went UOB @ Tiong Bahru. Mummy did not bring passbook, so we could not do anything. We then had lunch at Tiong Bahru Plaza. After lunch, Uncle Teck Ee dropped Ling and me at home to choose a suitable photograph of Daddy while the rest went Choa Chu Kang to book a niche. At 2 pm we went back to the mortuary to collect Daddy’s boddy. The tube has been removed. We then settled the newspapers and the liaised with the undertaker. He’s actually Uncle Teck Yan’s ex-church friend. The name is also quite peaceful sounding. Hosanna Bereavement Services. I’m quite impressed with his office. It is at the back of the van with a laptop, scanner and internet. He scanned in Daddy’s photo and sent it to the mortuary. Finally the day is over, we went Uncle Teck Ee’s house for a while before Aunt Soh Heng fetched us home. Ling & I collapsed immediately on the bed. Mummy and Aunt Soh Heng then went UOB to settle more banking matters. We arrived at the funeral parlour at 6+. The wreath from Great Eastern has arrived. Eddie Ow is the caretaker. Alex arrived before Daddy. He brought his toys along to show Val. Daddy’s coffin finally arrived around 7pm. I cried when I saw the cuts made by the pathologist.
The first night
People who came. Val & Dennis. Kiat and Mum. Jun Bin and family. Wilson Yong. Yong Boon, Laval, Huili, Wilson and Ah Mun also came. KT came. I was quite surprised coz he came alone. Yeo rushed over from the airport. Granny came and cried too. I couldn’t control myself after seeing the way she cried. We locked up around 11 pm and went home to rest.
The 2nd day
Siu Ming called at 8 am to say that Yeow Khoon, Jimmy and him were on their way. I then got up and rushed down to Mount Vernon. I asked if Jimmy and Yeow Khoon were making an official or personal visit. They said that it’s a personal visit. Lunch time came and a lot of Mummy’s colleagues came. Uncle Teck Yan brought me and Ling to Joo Seng Road to buy lunch. In the afternoon, Ling and I went to her home to bathe. She also wanted to get new t-shirts. We then went Choa Chu Kang Stadium to fetch Mei. We went home to wait for Mei to change. Alex from ADRC came in the afternoon. So we rushed back to Mount Vernon again.
The 2nd night
This night is more busy. Kit came around 6+. Dr Khong and wife from next door came. Great Eastern was represented by a lot of people. Hiu Phui, Cai Wei, Choon Hong, Tang Seng, Xinhui, Stephen, Dharmesh, Daxin, Cindy and even Wendy. I really thank them for coming. Chris couldn’t come because her wedding is coming. Stephen brought the Staff Salary form for me to fill. The Church friends all came. Esther, Lishan, Lilian, Huijing, Zhibin, Dennis, Teng Hoon and Yong Boon came. Andy brought Pauline along. Alex and Yeo came for the 2nd day in a row. Rae and Pauline came too. I had to play KTV hostesses as I sat from table to table. Larry and Jenny came at 11+. The food tonight was nice. Curry Chicken, Siew Mai, Fried Bee Hoon & dessert. There’s also a church service tonight. But I was too tired and slept through it. Uncle Guan came and offered to fetch Aunt Sui Kian from airport. Many of Daddy’s friends and Mummy’s classmates also came. The wreaths count at the moment stand at 14. Mei’s friends sent a wreath over. The call themselves ‘Sshroomss’. We locked up at 12+ and went home. Aunt Sui Kian arrived at about the same time. I showed them Daddy’s photos and ROM video. Finally slept at 2 am.
This morning
Brought Aunt Sui Kian and Aunt Swi Kiaw along. I bathed at Mount Vernon. I used the Ladies coz the tap water at the Gents was hopeless. Mr & Mrs Poh from next door also came. Uncle Yew Pang came with Uncle Weng Seng. Mummy’s other colleagues came and I joined tables for them to sit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home