[2005 07 04] - [Mon]
[0115] - Watching Wimbledon @ Home
Just saw Roger Federer thrash Andy Roddick in the final. Now I know why they call him the most complete player. This guy is good with any stroke, be it base-line or those drop shots. And he has good stamina. Andy Roddick simply had no answer to it. In fact during the post-match interview, Andy Roddick said in jest that the only way to stop Roger is probably to punch him.
[0200] - Watching some show featuring rich people @ Home
When the hours are weird, the programmes are weird. There is actually this shows that take you round to the houses and apartment of the real filthy rich people (just think of Donald Trump, King Fahd etc) and what they do with their money. King Fahd actually has a plane with an operating theatre. While Donald Trump himself has a few mansions and occupies the highest 3 stories of Trump Towers.
[1220] - Office
Met Alex on the bus this morning as I was late for work. He no longer takes 970 to work. There were 2 Vietnamese girls on the bus. I remembered them because one of them forgot to tap their ezLink card and got reminded by the driver. Tang Seng was welcomed with opened arms this morning. We all missed him after 3 weeks of fighting with the iPlanet server. First thing on the agenda was the incompatibility issue of using a 1.2 jvm iPlanet to connect to a 1.4 jvm AACM using RMI. My original proposal of using java.naming to connect to the OID was labelled ‘Not feasible’ after Brent encountered errors when he tried the same trick. Looks like their will be more work as we now need to build a service to talk to the AACM and iPlanet. Chris sent a nice picture of me and Ling announcing our retro wedding. It is generated online at a certain website. I got Daxin to packet lunch for me as I still got lots of emails to clear.
[1240] - Office
Just called Fatty Weng. They are still not booked for June 24 next year. So I need to arrange fast. Maybe a dinner with Ling there.
[1330] - Lunch @ 11th floor Pantry
Hong Lim being cleaned
Daxin helped me get Nasi Briyani coz Hong Lim itself is being cleaned. It's about time too.
Cultural Exchange
Reminicing about the night during team-building where Dharmesh and I had a cultural exchange on the different swear words between Telugu and Hokkien. Andy contributed with some from the Cantonese community.
The word 'Bitch'
Why is 'Bitch' used as a bad word? What is so bad about female dogs anyway? Why can't we scold 'Mother Cow' or something? Maybe 'Bitch' sounds fiercier. I would probably get laughter instead if I went 'YOU BIG FAT MOTHER COW!'.
[1445] - Looking through teambuilding name list in office
Vincent Goh's Chinese name is actually Teck Kee. It's sounds so much like a name of a restaurant. No wonder he has an English name.
[1530] - Hard @ work in office
SSO adapter
Got Daxin to help out with the construction of the adapter. At least I can concentrate on the Will-Making.
Will-Making
Got the prototype up! Superscripts, bold, free-text for relationships and all. Finally Hiu Phui can do some decent testing and I'll have some breathing space.
[1830] - Office
Work
Validation for Will-Making is done. I've also deployed the SSO adapter to 10.1.21.13 only for it to complain when trying to locate 10.1.21.70. Stupid servers.
Badminton
Will skip badminton for today as I've left my bicycle keys at home again. Decided not to walk the treacherous slope from the main road.
[2300] - Home
Stupid Alex scolded Ling for being bare-footed at her desk in office today. He’s not even the boss and he dare to criticise his colleagues. One for making noises from the chair. Luckily he’s not in the same office as me. If not I’ll make life damn difficult for him.
Just saw Roger Federer thrash Andy Roddick in the final. Now I know why they call him the most complete player. This guy is good with any stroke, be it base-line or those drop shots. And he has good stamina. Andy Roddick simply had no answer to it. In fact during the post-match interview, Andy Roddick said in jest that the only way to stop Roger is probably to punch him.
[0200] - Watching some show featuring rich people @ Home
When the hours are weird, the programmes are weird. There is actually this shows that take you round to the houses and apartment of the real filthy rich people (just think of Donald Trump, King Fahd etc) and what they do with their money. King Fahd actually has a plane with an operating theatre. While Donald Trump himself has a few mansions and occupies the highest 3 stories of Trump Towers.
[1220] - Office
Met Alex on the bus this morning as I was late for work. He no longer takes 970 to work. There were 2 Vietnamese girls on the bus. I remembered them because one of them forgot to tap their ezLink card and got reminded by the driver. Tang Seng was welcomed with opened arms this morning. We all missed him after 3 weeks of fighting with the iPlanet server. First thing on the agenda was the incompatibility issue of using a 1.2 jvm iPlanet to connect to a 1.4 jvm AACM using RMI. My original proposal of using java.naming to connect to the OID was labelled ‘Not feasible’ after Brent encountered errors when he tried the same trick. Looks like their will be more work as we now need to build a service to talk to the AACM and iPlanet. Chris sent a nice picture of me and Ling announcing our retro wedding. It is generated online at a certain website. I got Daxin to packet lunch for me as I still got lots of emails to clear.
[1240] - Office
Just called Fatty Weng. They are still not booked for June 24 next year. So I need to arrange fast. Maybe a dinner with Ling there.
[1330] - Lunch @ 11th floor Pantry
Hong Lim being cleaned
Daxin helped me get Nasi Briyani coz Hong Lim itself is being cleaned. It's about time too.
Cultural Exchange
Reminicing about the night during team-building where Dharmesh and I had a cultural exchange on the different swear words between Telugu and Hokkien. Andy contributed with some from the Cantonese community.
The word 'Bitch'
Why is 'Bitch' used as a bad word? What is so bad about female dogs anyway? Why can't we scold 'Mother Cow' or something? Maybe 'Bitch' sounds fiercier. I would probably get laughter instead if I went 'YOU BIG FAT MOTHER COW!'.
[1445] - Looking through teambuilding name list in office
Vincent Goh's Chinese name is actually Teck Kee. It's sounds so much like a name of a restaurant. No wonder he has an English name.
[1530] - Hard @ work in office
SSO adapter
Got Daxin to help out with the construction of the adapter. At least I can concentrate on the Will-Making.
Will-Making
Got the prototype up! Superscripts, bold, free-text for relationships and all. Finally Hiu Phui can do some decent testing and I'll have some breathing space.
[1830] - Office
Work
Validation for Will-Making is done. I've also deployed the SSO adapter to 10.1.21.13 only for it to complain when trying to locate 10.1.21.70. Stupid servers.
Badminton
Will skip badminton for today as I've left my bicycle keys at home again. Decided not to walk the treacherous slope from the main road.
[2300] - Home
Stupid Alex scolded Ling for being bare-footed at her desk in office today. He’s not even the boss and he dare to criticise his colleagues. One for making noises from the chair. Luckily he’s not in the same office as me. If not I’ll make life damn difficult for him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home