Tuesday, June 28, 2005

[2005 06 28] - [Tue]

[0015] - Home
I went to Yeo's place by AYE and Bukit Batok Road after dropping Kit at Silat Road. It took 20 minutes. This is faster compared to the 30 minutes it took to go by BKE and Farrer Road.
[0705] - Home
Had Oats without egg for breakfast. My healthiest breakfast in many days.
[0908] - Fitness First
Kit said that Nigeria will win today. So I'll believe him on account of the orange crystals on his left arm. As of now, I don't even know who is Nigeria playing against today.
[0940] - Office
Nigeria will be playing Morocco tonight. Let's pray as we put Kit's orange crystals to the test.
[1645] - Office
Lunch
Had Peanut Porridge. Xinhui had Peanut Porridge too. She’s sick and I need to clear my stomach of some oil.
Team-Building
Distributed the t-shirts to the people in my programme.
Work
Been busy getting the pdf file output right for the Will-Making template. Finally got something decent looking. As for tomorrow, I’ll fine-tune it by printing all those names in bold.
Common Logger
Had a discussion on Common Logger with Dicky & Daxin. The conclusion was we don’t need a common logger as log4j itself is already a wrapper. The only task left is to write those nonsensical justification papers to service the nonsensical notion of ‘all open source require justification so that there’s accountability’. It is like saying that we shouldn’t breath the air around us as it is free, not accountable by any company so there’s no quality control.
Val’s birthday
We will meet for her birthday celebration tomorrow after all. Finally there’s a day all of us are free.
Daddy
Mummy went down early to visit Daddy. She needs to learn from the therapist how to ‘turn his body around and air it’. I hope I heard her clearly.
[2210] - Pondering on my Bed
It's one of those nights where
Nobody returns your messages, including your other half
Nothing to justify keeping the TV on.
You start to wonder whether there's a nationwide conspiracy to keep you under house-arrest.
Even Lush FM let me down by playing crappy chill-out music. I mean, is there such a thing as crappy chill out music in the first place.
As a result, one goes to bed before 10 pm and bitches about everyone and everything. As I write until this point, I realise that I'm a more prolific writer when the mood stinks worse than rotten eggs.
[2220] - Still typing out furiously in Bed
I've put in my SIM card into the 8250. Hopefully the better reception can induce some SMS to come in. Maybe hoping for some unwitting soul to message me accidentally so that I can at least reply 'You've reached the wrong person'.
Meanwhile, the LCD display on my 8-yr-old Hi-Fi reads '97.2'. I was sampling different stations when 'Anita Mui's' voice kept the LCD display what it is now. Going to sing with Anita now.
[2230] - More awake than ever in Bed
Kit-with-orange-crystals finally replied! He has consulted his orange crystals and they spell the letters N-I-G-E-R-I-A. I've have invested $100 worth of Nigerian shares tonight. The share price better go North if not Kit can return his crystals.
[2233] - Enjoying music in Bed
The folks at 97.2 seem to have got wind of my predicament and decided to flood my room with excellent English and Chinese oldies. Now playing 'Starry Starry Night...' by Don McKlean.
[2238] - Bed
Next song. 'Bie Wen Wo Shi Shui' by Wang Xinping. I thought I'll never be able to hear this song anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home