[2005 06 10] - [Fri]
[0845] - Bus 174
Overslept this morning. Woke up at 8:15 am. Luckily Resti woke me up. If not, God knows what time will I reach Rendezvous Hotel. Just messaged Siu Ming to message David Soh that I’ll be late.
[0930] - Rendezvous Hotel
Reached the place at 9:20 am.
[0945] - Rendezvous Hotel
Today’s part of the course centres more on the practical aspect of ‘How to be a successful Manager’.
[1030] - Rendezvous Hotel
Having tea break now. There’s nice Bee Hoon available. I took about 3 plates. Had a chat with Magdeline. She is actually from some Primary School in Yishun. Then she went Mayflower Secondary before going to Nanyang Poly. She studied Comp Sci at Poly and university as well. She doesn’t look like she knows Java but she does. After graduation, she joined Arthur Anderson for 1.5 years before the company collapsed due to the Enron case. She was first employed to do FPMS coz of her java knowledge. After that, went to do DCMS deployment. I think she asked for a transfer. That’s why she’s now working for Boon Siong planning out IT Strategy.
[1245] - Rendezvous Hotel
Lunch was almost the same as yesterday. There’s Pasta today though. The Pasta is too oily due to the olive oil being used. Of course I went back for my favourite minced beef. Kenneth was from NTU Engineering. He was involved in some travel fair as ECA during the final year.
[1700] - Rendezvous Hotel
Lots of case studies today as we learnt the theory of how to perform performance analysis for ourselves. Also learnt how to do performance analysis for our ‘performers’. This is a politically correct term People Elements use to describe subordinate. We also learnt what are Business Systems, how to Manage Activities (Breaking down Activities into Tasks and Steps), how to Manage Policies. The whole thing is quite dry though. A lot of theory. By now, we could do most of the case studies through some common sense or another. By now, our eyes are also drooping to a all-day low.
[1720] - Rendezvous Hotel
Class just ended. I got 39/40 for the post-course assessment. Up from the 28/40 for the pre-course assessment. Siu Ming and James Lee came over to give out the certs. Siu Ming then told me that Stephen has just sent his wife to the hospital.
[1745] - Office
Took 166 to office so that I can cycle home. Daxin and Xinhui need me around next week. Xinhui needed me to show her the SmartSell page map while Daxin needs help with the eCargo pdf portion. Tang Seng will not be around for the next 3 weeks. I think Stephen will also not be around since his wife is in hospital. I will also not be around from 15 to 17 Jun because of Kit’s wedding. Office will be seriously undermanned. We will be relying on Daxin, Dharmesh and Xinhui to call the shots.
[1925] - Home
On the way home, Alex called to ask me to play pool. I will confirm after I watch the last episode of the 9pm ‘Ghost Comedy’ tonight. Stephen messaged to say that he had admitted his wife to Raffles Hospital. Baby should be coming out tomorrow afternoon.
[2100] - Home
Calling Ling around 8:30 pm. Told her that Mummy is not coming to Penang with us. Our plans should be quite finalised. We will stay at the Gurney hotel. This will be within walking distance of the bridal shop. About 1.5 km.
[2200] - HomeFinished watching the 9 pm show. Chen Zhicai went back in time to save the world. End of story. Will be driving down to Dbl O to join Alex and Shao Wei for pool.
Overslept this morning. Woke up at 8:15 am. Luckily Resti woke me up. If not, God knows what time will I reach Rendezvous Hotel. Just messaged Siu Ming to message David Soh that I’ll be late.
[0930] - Rendezvous Hotel
Reached the place at 9:20 am.
[0945] - Rendezvous Hotel
Today’s part of the course centres more on the practical aspect of ‘How to be a successful Manager’.
[1030] - Rendezvous Hotel
Having tea break now. There’s nice Bee Hoon available. I took about 3 plates. Had a chat with Magdeline. She is actually from some Primary School in Yishun. Then she went Mayflower Secondary before going to Nanyang Poly. She studied Comp Sci at Poly and university as well. She doesn’t look like she knows Java but she does. After graduation, she joined Arthur Anderson for 1.5 years before the company collapsed due to the Enron case. She was first employed to do FPMS coz of her java knowledge. After that, went to do DCMS deployment. I think she asked for a transfer. That’s why she’s now working for Boon Siong planning out IT Strategy.
[1245] - Rendezvous Hotel
Lunch was almost the same as yesterday. There’s Pasta today though. The Pasta is too oily due to the olive oil being used. Of course I went back for my favourite minced beef. Kenneth was from NTU Engineering. He was involved in some travel fair as ECA during the final year.
[1700] - Rendezvous Hotel
Lots of case studies today as we learnt the theory of how to perform performance analysis for ourselves. Also learnt how to do performance analysis for our ‘performers’. This is a politically correct term People Elements use to describe subordinate. We also learnt what are Business Systems, how to Manage Activities (Breaking down Activities into Tasks and Steps), how to Manage Policies. The whole thing is quite dry though. A lot of theory. By now, we could do most of the case studies through some common sense or another. By now, our eyes are also drooping to a all-day low.
[1720] - Rendezvous Hotel
Class just ended. I got 39/40 for the post-course assessment. Up from the 28/40 for the pre-course assessment. Siu Ming and James Lee came over to give out the certs. Siu Ming then told me that Stephen has just sent his wife to the hospital.
[1745] - Office
Took 166 to office so that I can cycle home. Daxin and Xinhui need me around next week. Xinhui needed me to show her the SmartSell page map while Daxin needs help with the eCargo pdf portion. Tang Seng will not be around for the next 3 weeks. I think Stephen will also not be around since his wife is in hospital. I will also not be around from 15 to 17 Jun because of Kit’s wedding. Office will be seriously undermanned. We will be relying on Daxin, Dharmesh and Xinhui to call the shots.
[1925] - Home
On the way home, Alex called to ask me to play pool. I will confirm after I watch the last episode of the 9pm ‘Ghost Comedy’ tonight. Stephen messaged to say that he had admitted his wife to Raffles Hospital. Baby should be coming out tomorrow afternoon.
[2100] - Home
Calling Ling around 8:30 pm. Told her that Mummy is not coming to Penang with us. Our plans should be quite finalised. We will stay at the Gurney hotel. This will be within walking distance of the bridal shop. About 1.5 km.
[2200] - HomeFinished watching the 9 pm show. Chen Zhicai went back in time to save the world. End of story. Will be driving down to Dbl O to join Alex and Shao Wei for pool.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home