[2005 06 14] - [Tue]
[1000] - Office
Chauffeur
Fetched Mei to school again at the last minute. She’s having some intensive athletics training in school today. Managed to get to the Orchard Road gantry before 8 but got caught by the PIE gantry because it opens at 7:30 am.
Fotohub
Sent my ROM photos for developing at Fotohub. For the first time, I went straight to their self-service machine.
Fitness First
Increased my swim to 12 laps. The pool is quite crowded today. There’s 3 of us swimming in the pool. One fat lady, one fast swimmer and me.
Funny blog
Ling just showed me a damn funny blog at www.kennysia.com. There’s a commentary about road names in Kuching, Sarawak.
[1017] - Office
Blogs
Didn’t realise how boring my blog looked until I saw kenny sia’s blog. There’s so much humour in it. Maybe our approaches are different. His blog is an outlet for his thoughts while for mine, it is an immortalisation of my memory. That speaks volumes of how little humour is there in my blood. Sigh.
[1030] - Office
Letter box
Got my letter-box up and running in office. Mounted it with the wires I bought yesterday. I’m now the only one in GELS with my own letter-box!
[1230] - Office
Buried in Smartsell
Xinhui has decided to fight the Smartsell war herself while we, the rest of the gang, packet our daily dosage of hawker food from Hong Lim. Of course we packeted for her.
Colleague with teeth problems
Daxin went back early yesterday coz he was not feeling well. But he got well once he stepped in the dentist. He went in for a routine checkup actually. But like any other good and professional dentist, this dentist started to see problems in teeth previously filled when he was back in China. The cost of the treatment ($1600) was the bombshell that drove his flu away. It's usually stressful to go to the dentist. My mind is now on the impending visit to my own dentist tomorrow.
Record waiting time
We waited a long time for Chris, or should we say Chris's hawker. It should be a Hong Lim record. 15 minutes if we minus the days of madness when we decided to buy Fried Kway Teow. In the end, Chris messaged me to send us back first while she continue the wait for 'that' holy packet of food.
Hiu Phui
Hiu Phui actually took her wedding photos in Ipoh. This to allow her parents to actually witness in person, some potions of her wedding preparations. The photography helper apparently told Hiu Phui to pose in a 70s way. Something that didn’t go down well with the wedding couple. I’m wondering if the helper gave advice from her own wedding in the 70s.
Chinese Kung Fu stories
An animated discussion on the Chinese Kung Fu stories was also underway during lunch. Naturally comparisons were made between Jin Yong novels and what else, Harry Potter. I think we will not see another Jin Yong for a while. It’s 2005 and his stories are still talked about. This speaks volumes of his legacy.
[2032] - Home
DBLMS
The construction of DBLMS continued in the afternoon. A visit to Winarto at 9th level was part of it as I needed some technical specs to translate those column names into English. I decided to call it a week after doing a draft of the ‘Add Leads’ portion.
LiG
Apparently, the Tang-Seng-not-around syndrome has struck again. Some policyholder have complained about seeing his data on the web despite his account being closed. It’s a motley crue of Larry, Dharmesh and me as we attempted to play Sherlock Holmes. The culprit, or rather, the culprits are one whole bunch of JSPs. They are found after an hour (after 6 pm!) of investigations. Fixed the error and deployed for the crucial pages. Damned LiG!
Letter-box
Chris saw my letter-box from my blog. I’m glad she liked it too. I wouldn’t mind if there are love-notes in it for me although that wasn’t the original plan.
Team-Building & HR matters
Some interesting observations noted in GELS:
HR organises a course
HR engages trainer to conduct the course
HR prints the certs for the trainer using it’s own printer
HR gives out the certs to the trainee at the end of the course
HR sends an email asking the trainees to PHOTOSTAT the cert so that HR can file it
Trainee finds it funny and writes it on his blog
Trainee finds out that team-building for his team is on 1 to 2 Jul
Trainee further finds out some TNS guys are joining trainee’s department for team-building
Some of the names are Shen Feng, Eng Lee, Eric Tan and Choon Hong.
TNS is actually divided among the programmes because they are sub-‘something’
Trainee forgets what the something is, finds it funny and writes it on the blog.
Stephen’s baby
More ‘donations’ flood in. Jenny’s came in the form of ‘Red Packet’. Bernard, Sok Puea & Cynthia shared another. The rest came in cash. By now I’m holding $180 in cash and 2 red packets.
New Office Cleaners in Grey
NOCIG in the news again! This time Sharon Joy Florida lost her wallet and tongues are wagging that it could be NOCIG at work. They LOOKED like some terrorist organisation if you know what I mean. I feel fear whenever I see them carrying bags or rubbish. It rises to a climax at the end of the work day when they transport the day’s rubbish down the goods lift at one shot. I shuddered as I always share this particular ‘thrashed’ lift whenever I go for my bicycle after-work. I always seem to kena this particular once-a-day lift trip.
TV Show
Apparently some 8-yr-old-game-show-winner-wannabes have found their way into my living room tonight through the silver screen. There’s this game show which I do not know the name or the format. This is probably the nth game show around since the ‘Who wants to be a Millionaire’. I expected all of them to be nerds. But there are some who didn’t even wear specs! Talk about stereotyping.
[2100] - Home
Granny flips through my ROM photos for the nth consecutive time. Somehow Ah Mun is always mistaken for Ling’s Mum. It’s either Ling’s Mum looks damn young or … looks damn fucking like some mother-in-law.
[2145] - Home
Just completed writing the captions for my ROM photos. I can finally show people the photos.
Chauffeur
Fetched Mei to school again at the last minute. She’s having some intensive athletics training in school today. Managed to get to the Orchard Road gantry before 8 but got caught by the PIE gantry because it opens at 7:30 am.
Fotohub
Sent my ROM photos for developing at Fotohub. For the first time, I went straight to their self-service machine.
Fitness First
Increased my swim to 12 laps. The pool is quite crowded today. There’s 3 of us swimming in the pool. One fat lady, one fast swimmer and me.
Funny blog
Ling just showed me a damn funny blog at www.kennysia.com. There’s a commentary about road names in Kuching, Sarawak.
[1017] - Office
Blogs
Didn’t realise how boring my blog looked until I saw kenny sia’s blog. There’s so much humour in it. Maybe our approaches are different. His blog is an outlet for his thoughts while for mine, it is an immortalisation of my memory. That speaks volumes of how little humour is there in my blood. Sigh.
[1030] - Office
Letter box
Got my letter-box up and running in office. Mounted it with the wires I bought yesterday. I’m now the only one in GELS with my own letter-box!
[1230] - Office
Buried in Smartsell
Xinhui has decided to fight the Smartsell war herself while we, the rest of the gang, packet our daily dosage of hawker food from Hong Lim. Of course we packeted for her.
Colleague with teeth problems
Daxin went back early yesterday coz he was not feeling well. But he got well once he stepped in the dentist. He went in for a routine checkup actually. But like any other good and professional dentist, this dentist started to see problems in teeth previously filled when he was back in China. The cost of the treatment ($1600) was the bombshell that drove his flu away. It's usually stressful to go to the dentist. My mind is now on the impending visit to my own dentist tomorrow.
Record waiting time
We waited a long time for Chris, or should we say Chris's hawker. It should be a Hong Lim record. 15 minutes if we minus the days of madness when we decided to buy Fried Kway Teow. In the end, Chris messaged me to send us back first while she continue the wait for 'that' holy packet of food.
Hiu Phui
Hiu Phui actually took her wedding photos in Ipoh. This to allow her parents to actually witness in person, some potions of her wedding preparations. The photography helper apparently told Hiu Phui to pose in a 70s way. Something that didn’t go down well with the wedding couple. I’m wondering if the helper gave advice from her own wedding in the 70s.
Chinese Kung Fu stories
An animated discussion on the Chinese Kung Fu stories was also underway during lunch. Naturally comparisons were made between Jin Yong novels and what else, Harry Potter. I think we will not see another Jin Yong for a while. It’s 2005 and his stories are still talked about. This speaks volumes of his legacy.
[2032] - Home
DBLMS
The construction of DBLMS continued in the afternoon. A visit to Winarto at 9th level was part of it as I needed some technical specs to translate those column names into English. I decided to call it a week after doing a draft of the ‘Add Leads’ portion.
LiG
Apparently, the Tang-Seng-not-around syndrome has struck again. Some policyholder have complained about seeing his data on the web despite his account being closed. It’s a motley crue of Larry, Dharmesh and me as we attempted to play Sherlock Holmes. The culprit, or rather, the culprits are one whole bunch of JSPs. They are found after an hour (after 6 pm!) of investigations. Fixed the error and deployed for the crucial pages. Damned LiG!
Letter-box
Chris saw my letter-box from my blog. I’m glad she liked it too. I wouldn’t mind if there are love-notes in it for me although that wasn’t the original plan.
Team-Building & HR matters
Some interesting observations noted in GELS:
HR organises a course
HR engages trainer to conduct the course
HR prints the certs for the trainer using it’s own printer
HR gives out the certs to the trainee at the end of the course
HR sends an email asking the trainees to PHOTOSTAT the cert so that HR can file it
Trainee finds it funny and writes it on his blog
Trainee finds out that team-building for his team is on 1 to 2 Jul
Trainee further finds out some TNS guys are joining trainee’s department for team-building
Some of the names are Shen Feng, Eng Lee, Eric Tan and Choon Hong.
TNS is actually divided among the programmes because they are sub-‘something’
Trainee forgets what the something is, finds it funny and writes it on the blog.
Stephen’s baby
More ‘donations’ flood in. Jenny’s came in the form of ‘Red Packet’. Bernard, Sok Puea & Cynthia shared another. The rest came in cash. By now I’m holding $180 in cash and 2 red packets.
New Office Cleaners in Grey
NOCIG in the news again! This time Sharon Joy Florida lost her wallet and tongues are wagging that it could be NOCIG at work. They LOOKED like some terrorist organisation if you know what I mean. I feel fear whenever I see them carrying bags or rubbish. It rises to a climax at the end of the work day when they transport the day’s rubbish down the goods lift at one shot. I shuddered as I always share this particular ‘thrashed’ lift whenever I go for my bicycle after-work. I always seem to kena this particular once-a-day lift trip.
TV Show
Apparently some 8-yr-old-game-show-winner-wannabes have found their way into my living room tonight through the silver screen. There’s this game show which I do not know the name or the format. This is probably the nth game show around since the ‘Who wants to be a Millionaire’. I expected all of them to be nerds. But there are some who didn’t even wear specs! Talk about stereotyping.
[2100] - Home
Granny flips through my ROM photos for the nth consecutive time. Somehow Ah Mun is always mistaken for Ling’s Mum. It’s either Ling’s Mum looks damn young or … looks damn fucking like some mother-in-law.
[2145] - Home
Just completed writing the captions for my ROM photos. I can finally show people the photos.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home